SOLVED Will Not Recognise The Dvd/cd Drive Since Installing Windows 10

Reaction score
If it is a Dell, they also have an Optical drive "fix" for the problem. Probably does the same thing as Trouble's link.

Reaction score
If it is a Dell, they also have an Optical drive "fix" for the problem. Probably does the same thing as Trouble's link.
Yes I have a Dell computer but this all sounds very technical to me is there any way I can revert back to windows 7

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
but this all sounds very technical
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window copy and paste this
Code:
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
That's about as simple as I can make it.
Perhaps davehc has a link to the Dell Fix for you.

Reaction score
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window copy and paste this
Code:
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
Well I did this and the computer says it was successful but the DVD?CD drive still does not work or be recognised

Reaction score
Code:
Ok rebooted and now fine thank you trouble

Reaction score
Apologies. I have had other things to attend to. Anyway, glad it is fixed

Ask a Question