Can't Export photos to my Kindle Fire

Reaction score
I am trying to export some photos that are on my laptop in Windows 10 Photos but cannot figure out how to do it. I have my Kindle Fire plugged in to my laptop and found a place to import from Fire but no export option.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When you connect your Fire to your computer, doesn't it show up in file explorer?
You should be able to copy and paste the photos from your computer, into the applicable folder on your Fire.
  1. Open the Kindle Fire folder (titled "Kindle") on your computer, and then open the Internal storage folder.
  2. Locate the downloaded file on your computer, and then drag and drop the compatible file you want to transfer into the applicable folder:
    • Audible: AA, AAX
    • Books: AZW (.azw3), MOBI (non-DRM), KF8
    • Documents: TXT, PDF, PRC, DOC, DOCX
    • Music: MP3, non-DRM AAC (.m4a), MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV
    • Pictures: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
    • Movies: MP4, 3GP, VP8 (.webm)
  3. Disconnect your Kindle Fire from your computer.
  4. From your Kindle Fire, tap a content library (for example, Books) in the top navigation, and then tap the Device tab to view your Kindle content.
SOURCE: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201730100

Unfortunately my grand daughter has mine right now, so I'm unable to test, but I'm pretty sure it should work that way.

Ask a Question