Can't find corrupt system file as listed in error log

Reaction score
I hadn't been able to make a Flash Recovery Drive so I ran sfc /scannow, it said there was at least one corrupt system file it couldn't repair; I checked the log and found only OneDrive.lnk (screen capture attached).

However I can't find where this file is located (so I can't replace it with a good copy [not that I'm sure yet where I would get a good copy]). I deleted OneDrive from App list hoping this would solve it but it didn't seem to.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• log error.JPG
    log error.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 378
Reaction score
The step after finding corrupt system files is the command below. It will take a few minutes to complete and hopefully resolve the issue.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

If it finishes without complaining, the SFC should complete normally, if you wanted to run it again.

Reaction score
It finished and said something like repairs complete, but I ran sfc /scannow again and it found corruption (again).

(I wasn't able to identify the files in the log however.)

Reaction score
If they re-release the new public build today, the problem may go away on its own.

It is just a shortcut but you might check its properties and see if it is pointing to your user in the folder indicated. I did not see the problem on my prior build system so it must be just your system.

Your attachment does show where the original file is supposed to be. But if you have a file already in the indicated location in the Default user folder, I don't see a problem just ignoring it since it may just be a disagreement in metadata, assuming OneDrive is operating normally.

Reaction score
Hi
As long as you know what file you are looking for Agent Ransack will probably find it, if it's there.
I've used it for years as my search engine in Windows.

Once installed it will appear in the right click dropdown.

Just point where you want to search click, type in what you want to search for and it will find it.
It can search an entire drive in a matter of seconds.

But for your present problem with no file name I don't have a solution.

Ask a Question