SOLVED Can't find start menu

Reaction score
Hi! New to the forum and new to windows 10. I can't seem to find anything that says start on the desktop. Can anyone help me out here?
Chuck

Reaction score
It is the small window, far left on the taskbar.

In it you will find "Settings" which I would advise you to work through slowly, and "All Apps", which is MS's idea of the new start menu
Right clicking the start will give you some direct options which you may recognize more easily.

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. What I'm trying to do is download Windows Live Photo Gallery and it says when done look for new program on windows start menu under windows live or in the windows live folder. Need help with this.
Chuck

Reaction score
Type photo gallery in the search window on the task bar, then select photo gallery at the top of the list.

Or click the start (Windows logo) and select All Apps then scroll down to Photo Gallery. There is a Windows Live in that list but it will not contain the Photo Gallery.

Reaction score
Thanks Dan. I finally got it installed. Having a little trouble getting used to Windows 10. Now all I have to do is get my Windows live mail installed and I'll be in great shape.
Chuck

Reaction score
Hmm? I am wondering how you installed Photo gallery, Chuckster? It is part of Windows essentials, as is Windows LIve Mail. You will probably need to download essentials again and select custom install. There you will see Photo gallery and Windows live mail. Possibly you did do this, and accepted the default rather than custom, which would have installed both?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/download-windows-essentials#wetabs=we2012

Last edited:

Ask a Question