Can't fix the clock issue

Reaction score
Hey!

I'm having trouble fixing the clock since the last update of WIndows 10 on my PC. The problem is that the clock is always wrong basicly. There is a ton of solutions of this online, all of them work. But only for a few hours or until the next boot.
So is there a permanent way of fixing so that the clock always updates and show the correct time for my timezone?

Solutions I've found online that works, but not permanently (for me) is the following:
- Go to control panel and open Date and Time
- Go to the "Internet Time" tab
- Click "Change settings..."
- Tic the " Sync with an Internet time server"
- Choose "time.windows.com" as server and click update
- Done

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Robin.

Click the clock icon in the notification area far right. At the bottom of the Window, click "Date and Time Settings"
Click "Set time automatically" ON
Click "Set Time Zone automatically" OFF.
You may need, at this point to readjust your time.

Reboot and see if the problem is solved.

Reaction score
Hello and thank you Dave!

Those settings are the ones I always use. so that did'nt change much. thanks for the reply though!

Reaction score
Everytime I start my computer the clock show the wrong time. mostly almost 12 hours wrong (I use 00.00 - 23.59 time cycle). Sometimes the clock shifts during the use of my computer too, can't say how often. I have almost stopped paying attention to it since it happens all the time.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IS this computer a desktop or a laptop?
IF it is a desktop you might consider replacing the CMOS battery on the motherboard and see if that helps at all.

Reaction score
Do you use another OS on that computer?

You have checked your bios time to make sure it is correct?

If the time is always off by 12 hours then it would appear something is converting it back to 12 hour clocks. Perhaps running it in that mode for testing. I would probably leave the Automatic update off for testing to confirm your system is behaving normally.

I have been looking for a place to set a clock to 24 hours but haven't seen it yet. Maybe I just haven't looked in the right place.

Edit: I suppose your location is shown correctly on your system? I have seen some folks which show even in other countries.

Reaction score
I found where to change to 24 hour time, but it also seems if you change it in the Control Panel it does not change it in the App. So you might check both locations to see if they agree.

Reaction score
Not to sure about that.
I live in a country where I am not 100% familiar with the language. I have a different timezone from my location, but my time, set to my domicile (denmark) remains static. I have just experimented with your suggestion. Changing the time in the Control Panel, immediately changes it in the App.

The battery could be a problem, as suggested by Trouble,

Reaction score
I have the same issue after updating windows 10 yesterday. It is definitely not a time zone issue, because my time is randomly wrong, currently it is 4 hours and 38 minutes behind on my laptop. I guess this is a bug in the latest windows 10 update I am afraid.

Reaction score
These are my settings under each tab,, from the Control Panel - Date and Time. In the last picture, you could try changing from "time.windows.com", to the other option "time.nist.gov", but I have not needed to do this.

Clock1.PNG

Clock2.PNG

Clock3.PNG

Reaction score
a talked with our domain admin as my laptop is joined to a domain. We currently think that a registry key regard time sync has been changed by the windows 10 update which leads the laptop to not sync the time with the domain controller correctly. As a work around I set the time manually for now and am waiting for a fix that MS may be publishing in the future

Reaction score
Hello, this is the Ultimate Fix for Windows Time Service:

If time and date always reset after a while, and You'we tried everything, than You might have a hardware fault (motherboard perhaps). I had this problem on my Windows 10 device, which caused a lot of application and webpages not to work at all. This simple software helped me not throw my device away.

Reaction score
Hello, in my case slow clock was due to a service called Wondershare (part of a video converter) that was running in memory. After stopping and uninstalling it, clock started to work correctly again! Bye!

Reaction score
** SOLVED **

So I fixed this issue on my computer by chaning the small, flat and round battery on the motherboard. I guess the watch need that battery for some reason after all...

Ask a Question