Can't Get past Login

Reaction score
I lost my password to my windows 10 laptop, problem is.. my login in screen doesn't have a power option in the bottom corner of the screen so I can't access safe mode, to help me reset it.

Reaction score
I don't need the power button gone, I need it back on the screen, Win+X and Win+R doesn't seem to do anything, and I can't get past the login screen

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might be able to rescue your computer by enabling the normally hidden / disabled Administrator account and use that to possibly fix the password problem on your local user account.
You'll need to boot from the installation media. If you do not have the installation media on hand you can download the ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.
THEN...
Follow the steps outlined here
http://pureinfotech.com/2015/11/20/how-reset-windows-10-forgotten-password-regain-access-computer/

Reaction score
How do I get it to run of the USB upon start up if I can't get to windows 10 or able to get it to its boot menu?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You should configure the System Setup Utility (BIOS) to boot from the USB or
normally there is an option to produce a BIOS boot menu from which you can select you boot device....
typically f12 but can be different, depending on the computer and the motherboard
You should see a system splash screen during POST that might provide that information.

Reaction score
joshr913 wrote I don't need the power button gone, I need it back on the screen, Win+X and Win+R doesn't seem to do anything, and I can't get past the login screen.

Josh I realize that; just reverse the above procedure to get the power button back on screen.

Ask a Question