can't print

Reaction score
have an HP laptop & printer...for 3 days have been trying to figure out why all of a sudden I can't print...even tried sending to husband's printer & won't printer there - have exhausted all ideas...hope someone can help - trying to print birthday card for my great niece that I need to get in mail tomorrow....thank you

Reaction score
Since you didn't bother to give any information about the two computers [no 2 are exactly alike] one can only presume the famous Windows update screwed up printing and generally those with USB connections. Fill in System Specs here and press your Windows Key + R on both and type winver to get the numbers there.

Reaction score
Hi nanaginny,

have you tried the Support Assistant from HP?. Have you got the latest drivers for your printer from HP?. :)

Have you checked that the HP printer is the default printing device and not a Microsoft device in Control Panel > Devices and Printers. ;)

1597991448808.png

Reaction score
This was a known bug with a windows update.. It was fixed by a later update.
I would suggest, initially, that you check and download all Microsoft updates available, inclosing optional ones.

Ask a Question