SOLVED Can't print in excel 2016

Reaction score
I have a work PC that I share with two other guys.
We each have our own profile and login.
I had to make a spreadsheet but when I went to print i just got an error that said "couldn't print Book1" i know it says book1 because i didn't name the file. I saved it to my desktop and made sure I was sending to the proper printer and tried the troubleshoot feature, nothing worked. So I made the same spreadsheet from each of their profiles and it printed no problem at all. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Hi AaronS,

are you admin or is it one of your friends?, it may be a permission problem if you can print their example but not your own?. :)

Reaction score
Hi AaronS,

are you admin or is it one of your friends?, it may be a permission problem if you can print their example but not your own?. :)
When the desktop was set up I was the only user and had admin over the PC but since they have come on I am not sure.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm wondering whether at some point the other two profiles [ your friends ] have updated the Printer Driver, but your profile is still using an original driver.

It could be worth checking each profile under Device Manager > Print queues to see whether there is any difference in the driver being used by each profile.

Reaction score
I'm wondering whether at some point the other two profiles [ your friends ] have updated the Printer Driver, but your profile is still using an original driver.

It could be worth checking each profile under Device Manager > Print queues to see whether there is any difference in the driver being used by each profile.
Appreciated, it will be 20hours or so before i go back. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
i know it says book1 because i didn't name the file. I saved it to my desktop
I don't get that, files have to have a name before they can be saved anywhere, whatever is appropriate and what the user will recognize or remember.

Reaction score
I don't get that, files have to have a name before they can be saved anywhere, whatever is appropriate and what the user will recognize or remember.

I didnt save it as book1 it said it couldnt print book1. I saved it as a bunch of g's

Reaction score
Appreciated, it will be 20hours or so before i go back. Thanks for your help.

I am adminstrator and all drivers are the same. Gonna have to bother our tech guy to find a resolution I suppose. Appreciate the tips and advice.

Reaction score
HI AaronS,

have you tried renaming the offending file?. (Right click + rename). ;)

Ask a Question