SOLVED Can't print e-mails using Yahoo since Win 10 update

Reaction score
I cannot print e-mails since the Win 10 update, using Yahoo e-mail. There is only a 'save' and 'cancel' option, no 'print' option.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Are you using a browser to access your Yahoo email account?
IF so which one?
IF not, are you using the built in mail app in Windows 10?
Can you print without issues in other applications.

Reaction score
I am using Opera, all I get is save or cancel when I choose to print a document. No print option.

I have tried in MS Edge and there are no icons anymore (e.g. move, delete etc). If I right click to choose 'print' I just get a blank window.

I have just tried FireFox and Chrome and they are working.

So it looks like it's Opera and Edge that are having problems. Opera is my main browser so I would really like it to work again!

If you know what to do - that would be fantastic. I have friends who are also having the same problem, and just use Edge.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
In "EDGE" there are is a three dot elipsis in the top right corner containing a print command option which whould produce something that looks like this

Capture.PNG

Do you have or see anything like that in EDGE?
I'll need to download and install the latest version of Opera to test how that works as I don't currently have it installed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The latest version of Opera has a similar feature / Print Command which opens a similar window, located by clicking the "Menu" item / icon / tab..... in the top left of the browser window.

Reaction score
I use Opera and I don't have any problem printing emails from Yahoo. Open the email and select the "More" option. You should have print as one of the many options.

Reaction score
In "EDGE" there are is a three dot elipsis in the top right corner containing a print command option which whould produce something that looks like this

View attachment 4047

Do you have or see anything like that in EDGE?
I'll need to download and install the latest version of Opera to test how that works as I don't currently have it installed.

I don't have an ellipsis, but the menu options have now returned in Edge. However, the new menu option in Opera has a print option, but when I click on it to print, it only gives me the option of save or cancel. So annoying!

Reaction score
I use Opera and I don't have any problem printing emails from Yahoo. Open the email and select the "More" option. You should have print as one of the many options.

Hi, I open the e-mail, choose more, then print, and print again (as you say) but still I only get the option to save or cancel. It just won't let me get any further. Would you mind clicking on print at your end and seeing if you can actually get an e-mail to print? Thank you!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Annie,

Welcome to the Forum.

I was curious about your troubles so decided to install Opera and experiment with it as I have a Yahoo account.

Here is how it went for me:

• So I opened Yahoo and logged into emails.
  • Selected one to print by (1) clicking More, then (2) selecting Print

Sample Image

opera.png

• This popped up a Print dialog which I needed to click OK to continue

Sample Image

opera2.png

• This opened a smaller window with the email inside.
  • I had to click Print in the top left corner to proceed.

Sample Image

opera3.png

• This opened the email in a Print Preview mode.
  • On the right side I needed to verify my Print Destination was pointing to the correct printer.
  • Then I clicked the Print button

Sample Image

opera4.png

• This took me to the File Explorer folder where I could choose to rename file, change file type, and choose a location to save to.

The reason for this is because I chose to print to my PDF995 postscript driver which prints to file a pdf copy of whatever I choose to print.

Note: This may be what is going on for you and your friends experiencing this apparent option to only ultimately Save or Cancel, as when you print to file you are literally create an electronic file. That or your actual printer is disconnected, or not correctly set up.

More on that shortly.

Sample Image

opera5.png

Now if you wish to print to paper then:
  • Back on that Print Preview page, click the Change button.
  • This opens the window as in image below.
  • If you click Manage it opens the Printer folder in your Windows OS. You may be more familiar here and from here you can select a printer and manage how it prints your Yahoo emails.
  • Alternatively, a little further down window, you can click the Show all button to see all printers available.

Once you select a printer, it needs to be connected to computer and turned on.

Sample Image

opera6.png

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32 - a big THANK YOU, for taking so much time to sort this out for me, and attaching screen shots - you must love a challenge!!

I am now able to print by clicking on 'change' and choosing my printer from the list as the 'destination'. I never had to do this before, as I could just go straight to print.

So I'm sorted - thank you, thank you, thank you. Have a great day!
Annie

Regedit32

Reaction score
You're welcome Annie.

I think once you have chosen the printer it will be stored in memory for future use, but should the same problem arise again atleast you know now how to fix it.

I suspect what occurred was when you ran a cumulative update for Windows 10 it may have disabled your default printer settings, which in turn mean your browser could not see it.

Anyway it all ought to work fine now; don't forget to let your friends know how to fix theirs too :)

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question