Can't uninstall Arc Soft Creations

Reaction score
I installed ArcSoft Creations in May and decided i don't want it. BUT, now I cannot uninstall it - not any of the files that got created at that time. I go thru the motions and when I say Yes to Unstall it, nothing happens. I'm not technical enuf to go to the registry. Need help.

Reaction score
Hi Grett,

have you tried going to Settings > Apps > Default apps > Arcsoft and click on the app for more options and deleting it from there, or are you using its own removal tool?. :)

Reaction score
That Settings is how I have tried. It says "This app and its related info will be uninstalled." But then it does nothing even when I say to uninstall.

Reaction score
I would try uninstalling with Revo:
Try Revo uninstaller free:
The uninstaller will run the program’s own uninstaller then allow the user to run a ‘scan for leftovers’, if the uninstall fails you can still scan for leftovers which will then be akin to a forced uninstall & will remove the program.

Reaction score
I just installed Revo, ran it to uninstall ArcSoft Creations, looked like it worked, did a Restart, but ArcSoft Creations and all the files with it are still there. And now I have 25+ more MB on the hard drive with Revo.

Reaction score
After trying Revo again and again, I see that even tho the names of all the files are still there, now they all show 0 bytes. And I can't open it. So maybe this is enough. Remains to be seen...

Reaction score
I sounds like the files have been uninstalled but the icons remain.
Can you select them & see if they’ll delete?

Reaction score
No error messages.
I don't know what Fast Startup is, so assuming I don't have that. And I have done Restart a couple times. No change. I'm not going to mess with the tenforums business till I am more of a techy

Reaction score
Fast startup can interfere with restarting as it doesn’t go through the full shutdown & startup with this enabled.
  1. Open “Control Panel” and click “Power Option”.
  2. Click “Choose what the power buttons do”
  3. Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable”
  4. Disable “Turn on fast startup

Reaction score
Also try running Disk Clean-up which may get rid of any excess file remnants?. :)

Reaction score
The only thing left is the icons. No bytes. And so far doesn't seem to be hindering anything. Should I still do disk cleanup? And if so, what boxes do I check for it? I don't want anything but those icons for the old files to be gotten rid of.

Reaction score
Should I still do disk cleanup?
Hi Grett,

yes you should!, the boxes you tick are of course up to you, bear in mind that if there is anything in the downloads folder that you need, you should save anything you want first!. :)

Reaction score
The only thing left is the icons. No bytes.
A shortcut icon usually is between 1 and 2 KB, might be a little larger. But it may be difficult in Win10 to see the Properties of a shortcut unless it's been saved onto the desktop or in a folder.

Reaction score
I was able to delete the shortcut icons I saw when I had clicked on Start, but they all still show when I go to Control Panel.
And I note that ArcSoft Connect Daemon, ArcSoft Connect Notifier, and ArcSoft Connect Service all show in Task Manager, with at least the first two operating while I have my browser running.
I also see on Task Manager Backup Functional Process, Backup Manager Process Controller, but have no idea what they are. Could they be connected to ArcSoft?

Reaction score
The entries about ArcSoft and your browser suggests a plug-in that didn't get uninstalled, might check its tools.

Ask a Question