Can't uninstall windows updates - listed but not in uninstall

Reaction score
Can't uninstall windows updates - listed in the installed section but not in uninstall section so how doI uninstall

Reaction score
Look in the Control Panel - Programs and features -
Over at top left "View installed updates"
If it is shown there, you will probably be able to uninstall it.

Reaction score
Ok looked at this link and the offending update is not on the PC which will not install the printer, and as such no action required. I can't see the offending PC from the other network PC even though the settings are identical in all respects on all PC in the network, and the offending PC can't see the other network PCs. All other PCs can see each other except the offending one. So untill the offending PC can see the rest of the network I'll not be able to install the printer.

Any suggestions

Reaction score
Have you read it? It didn't work for the enquirer
Yes I did read it but just because it didn't work for that user that doesn't mean it won't work for this one. Not all systems are equal and it's worth a try IMO - especially when you are stuck.

Reaction score
Ok looked at this link and the offending update is not on the PC which will not install the printer, and as such no action required. I can't see the offending PC from the other network PC even though the settings are identical in all respects on all PC in the network, and the offending PC can't see the other network PCs. All other PCs can see each other except the offending one. So untill the offending PC can see the rest of the network I'll not be able to install the printer.

Any suggestions
Try the built in troubleshooter. Quite often, even if it doesn't fix the problem, cam give a pointer to where it may be.

Reaction score
Hi guys. In the end I did a Windows Media Create update to try to clean any problem areas and I now can install the printer across the network. Obviously the Registry somewhere was screwed up.

Thanks again for your help.

Reaction score
Hi guys. In the end I did a Windows Media Create update to try to clean any problem areas and I now can install the printer across the network. Obviously the Registry somewhere was screwed up.

Thanks again for your help.
now that you have fixed the problem get macrium Reflect free and image the system. Keep at least 2 backups

Ask a Question