SOLVED Certain programmes will not run or install. W10

Reaction score
:) Noticed recently that certain programmes will not install or run.

Opera been fine until last W10 update.
Old problem, Firefox will not install and run. (problem is an old one)
Additionally, no longer able to install a game "Armored Warfare". Error code received.

Ran Scannow as admin, states few corrupted files found, however, states it cannot fix them.

Run complete Disc scan and no problems, there.
Any ideas,please?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Ran Scannow as admin, states few corrupted files found, however, states it cannot fix them.
Sorry your thread didn't attract any attention.
What I would probably try is...
Grab the latest ISO using the media creation tool here
And construct installation media OR simply double click the ISO to mount it as a virtual drive.
Then I would use that, from within Windows 10 to perform what is called an In-place Upgrade / Repair install.

Generally this will preserve all your existing accounts, data, programs, drivers, etc., but....
I would still make sure that all my critical data was backed up and safe
AND
I would also create a complete system image just to make sure I would have a strong fall back option in the event of some unintended occurrence.

Reaction score
Many thanks trouble. Computer has just updated to version 2004, which I believe incorporates the procedure you have suggested. i will wait and see.
Many thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
which I believe incorporates the procedure you have suggested
That would be a logical assumption, seems like it would be basically the same process.

Be sure and double check Windows Update after the upgrade is completed as there is likely at least one update to the upgrade.

Reaction score
Hi Trouble.
I have been using Windows for at least 30 years up to the present. There were very few problems that came up from Windows 98 right through it's progression that I have not been able to figure out, with help or on my own. Mainly as I see it, as the system was built on logic.

If only this current load of clap trap (Windows 10) used similar openness from the past. Personally, I feel very strongly that this is not as Microsoft Bull-s--- markets this garbage, "The best Windows ever". More accurately, it is the worst geek ware around.

Microsoft has always ,it appears to me, used the adage, if new update available, shove it out, customers will sort it out. Untested as always.

Same with their American attitude of; "You got to control, man"!
To the point, my friend, update version 2004 has descended upon my lowly computer. God help me I trust, as he no doubt will be the only one that does. No chance from Microsoft.

My Microsoft Office pro 2010 Outlook no longer works. Travelled the breadth of the Internet to try to find a solution, many folks in the same position, only confused and confusing amateur suggestions there, wherever you look. Therefore my email service is defunct. Thanks Microsoft. Currently using Outlook (365) off shoot. Do not like it one bit.

Microsoft Office pro 2010 instructions are update/upgrade Outlook connector. How? Where do I find such a beast? Something to do with Hotmail outlook connector. Look it up and site no longer available. Sheer misery. Totally untrustworthy.

I loath Microsoft. Why did they not include the update with all of the rest of the junk they have sent down as updates?

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nothing for you specific on Outlook 2010, but....
I can tell you from personal experience that with Office Starter 2010, it had to be updated before it would work with Windows 10 after some build update (don't remember which one), ....
AND
In order to do that you had to tick the box that says get updates for other Microsoft Products when updating Windows

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
You probably may find this hard to believe, however, found a solution.
For those having a problem with acquiring their emails in Microsoft Office Professional 2010 due to the latest update from Microsoft of version 2004, here is a way round it;

Go to Control Panel via search "Control panel" or directly to Control panel.
In control panel, click category view.
Then click "Programs".
Click "uninstall or change a program"

Go down through the list in this section and find "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010"
Right click this programme, choose "Change".
In the new window, click "Repair"

The programme will run approx 5 mins to complete. after which, restart the computer.
Job done. back to normality. (until next office update,I suppose).;)

Ask a Question