Microsoft Solitaire Collection fails to load only after certain ads

Reaction score
Solitaire always loads the game right after the ad finishes but only on the ads where I have click "close" or click an "X". If an ad comes up that automatically closes itself after it finishes ( St. Jude's, Oral B) then Solitaire fails to load. No messages just back to the desktop. This was never a problem prior to the first week of June when both Solitaire and Win10 applied updates. I've tried most of the suggestions from repairing the store cache to using Ccleaner to clear out cookies and registry errors.
Thoughts?

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Can't download Microsoft solitaire collections game after seeing the St. Jude's ad. Tried various times to play but keep getting different St. Jude's ad and nothing downloads. The entire screen disappears after the ad runs. I've also tried various ways to correct, problems keeps appearing.

Reaction score
I have been having the same problem for about a week. For me it's always the Oral-B ad. The app locks up and then reloads itself and starts the same ad with the same results. Today it reloaded 4 times before the ad finally completed and took me to my game. Maybe they are trying to sell us the add free Premium version.

Reaction score
And now it is the Lexus ad that crashes Solitaire Collection. Doesn't make me want to buy Lexus or Oral B or donate to St. Jude's. Maybe writing to the sponsors will get someones attention....

Reaction score
And now it is the Lexus ad that crashes Solitaire Collection. Doesn't make me want to buy Lexus or Oral B or donate to St. Jude's. Maybe writing to the sponsors will get someones attention....
I found that if one of the defective ads starts running I can click the arrow at the upper left and the ad will stop and reload another ad. If the new ad is not one of the defective ads it will finish normally and the app doesn't crash. It's still annoying but it saves a reload. I also found that any Volkswagen ad will also crash the app.

Ask a Question