SOLVED Microsoft Solitaire collection won,t connect to internet to download data

Reaction score
My Microsoft Solitaire collection program runs alright , it connects to Xbox live and logs me in but when I select a game it runs the adverts and then sits stating "we are having some trouble connecting to the internet to download Microsoft Solitaire Collection data.." I have deleted and reinstalled the program but no difference.
It has been working fine until now and another PC in the house connects fine. All other internet activity is fine. Any help would be appreciated

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
, it connects to Xbox live and logs me in but when I select a game it runs the adverts and then sits stating "we are having some trouble connecting to the internet to download Microsoft Solitaire Collection data.."
That is normal....as the game itself is not affected and will work normally. The connection to the server is just for the Advertising and your stats, purchasing items for the game and downloading/uploading maps and addon's for some games from the store. You connection to the internet via wifi or lan line is not cut off or disconnected just to the store server and game server for game details. It's happens from time to time and it's happened to me. It normally resolves itself in an hour or two and in some cases a few days.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Its been like it now for 4 days. In the checks I have done the BITS service is corrupt or missing and when I go to Services.msc the service is often stopped and reverted to manual, I reset it to automatic and press apply but sometime I recheck and its back on manual. I haven't a clue whats going on.

Reaction score
I have solved my problem. It has nothing to do with the Microsoft Solitaire program, it was the xbox live causing the Solitaire [rogram not connecting to down load data. I reset the Xbox live program and all was solved. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question