SOLVED Change printer form wireless to 'wired'

Reaction score
My HP ENVY 7640 is causing more and more delays with its wireless scanning operations. There's never a problem scanning a single document, but scanning several pages will ultimately lead to a stoppage along the way, with a 'failure to recognize scanner' message. I've run the HP scan diagnostics which always come back as 'solved' but the multiple document issue remains. Also, the printer sits right next to my router (which may be the problem) but I don't have the space to relocate the printer.

Although changing to 'wired' configuration means I'll lose the capability of printing from my phone/laptop, most of my work happens from my main PC and the trade-off is well worth the change.

Without UN-installing my printer and then RE-installing from the beginning, is there a simpler way to reconfigure this change? Could powering down the printer and then adding a USB cable be enough to finalize this change?

Ask a Question