Change SD card reader app

Reaction score
I plugged my camera SD card in to retrieve the photos. First time on Win 10 so I was asked what app to use. I chose Photo. It searched for every photo in the world except my SD card. I only want to search the SD card. I don't need my photos rearranged. I can't find how to change the app for that, and when I do I don't know what app will work. Never had this problem in Win 7.

Reaction score
Similar problem. Insert card into computer slot, Photos app opens and says: Connect to a device. Connect the device you want to import from, and make sure it's turned on and unlocked.

My camera has no cable connection capability.

I finally got it to automatically launch Roxio's import just the way it worked in W7, but only in once computer.

Other computer--non Roxio--doesn't even launch Photos app when card inserted. When I manually launch Photos and click Import, same message as above. I can go to This PC and get at the DCIM and break out the photos, but it is a royal pain.

Why won't Photos see the damn card?

Reaction score
I would have opened the card with file explorer and navigated to the directory with the photos in and clicked on the first one. I do that and photos opens that picture and so on.

Ask a Question