Changes to One Drive

Reaction score
Well that is nice of them.:(

upload_2016-4-8_10-14-45.png

Reaction score
They bated and threw out the line. Now they are reeling us in lol

Reaction score
Ohh well as they say one door closes another one opens.
I have found another which gives a 50 gb free storage and is a much better program happy days.:)

Reaction score
There you go. I have been using a third party program for a long time. Never took the option for Microsoft.

Reaction score
Well that is nice of them.:(

View attachment 2715
This news came out last August. They gave you the opportunity to keep your 15gb (Trouble actually posted a thread about it here a few days before the offer expired). I believe you had until the end of January to keep your 15gb. BTW, this isn't the first time. When it was originally Skydrive, they gave you 25gb. Fortunately I still have my 40gb (including loyalty bonus').

Reaction score
This news came out last August. They gave you the opportunity to keep your 15gb (Trouble actually posted a thread about it here a few days before the offer expired). I believe you had until the end of January to keep your 15gb. BTW, this isn't the first time. When it was originally Skydrive, they gave you 25gb. Fortunately I still have my 40gb (including loyalty bonus').
Guess i missed that one as i only started using Onedrive when i upgraded to W10.
In a way they have done me a favour as i now have better free storage and a better program that also has an app for mobiles. :)

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of what they did to onedrive with Windows 10. Even when using the app to sync with windows 8, you could pick or choose to keep a copy of a file on your hdd. You can't now. If you want to sync with onedrive, you have to keep a copy on both. It's a waste of at least 30gb of space for me.

Reaction score
It's a waste of at least 30gb of space for me.
I am not a fan of OneDrive, but it gives you an option of which folders to back up. Maybe you could take advantage of that and have one special folder you want to sync between systems.

I try to consider how much space is 5 GB and when I compare it to something as simple as a flash drive, it is really not much space. It is a little ironic how Microsoft touts their "Cloud" but can't find space to give users a reasonable amount of space.

I have also always felt you should have space allocated to each install. Even if the 5 GB was enough for one system it may not be enough for three.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Microsoft giveth and Microsoft taketh away.
Even on their Office 365 plans which are much more generous (1 terabyte OneDrive storage) I believe at one point that was much higher, maybe even unlimited I think.
I guess the question is .... how much is enough.
I remember when I was first shopping for a Windows 95 computer (my old Packard Bell Win 3.1 was going downhill) the salesman was touting the 1 gigabyte hard drive and how no one would ever need that much storage.
Now my grand daughters music collection alone would overflow that drive and the smallest USB thumb drive I own is 4 gigs.
Never been a big fan of cloud storage (just too old I guess) so I think it would be a bit hypocritical of me to complain too much about it.

Reaction score
Microsoft giveth and Microsoft taketh away.
Even on their Office 365 plans which are much more generous (1 terabyte OneDrive storage) I believe at one point that was much higher, maybe even unlimited I think.
I guess the question is .... how much is enough.
I remember when I was first shopping for a Windows 95 computer (my old Packard Bell Win 3.1 was going downhill) the salesman was touting the 1 gigabyte hard drive and how no one would ever need that much storage.
Now my grand daughters music collection alone would overflow that drive and the smallest USB thumb drive I own is 4 gigs.
Never been a big fan of cloud storage (just too old I guess) so I think it would be a bit hypocritical of me to complain too much about it.
I understand what you are saying.
But with cloud storage any precious photos files etc are safe even if hard drives go badly wrong.
I have lost many photos on external drives that have given up so i like to back up on cloud and i can access them from any PC with a simple log in. :)

Ask a Question