Yahoo Mail sign in changes

Reaction score
Hi, I have been with Yahoo Mail for many years.

Lately, in order to sign in to check my mail, Yahoo does not recognize my password anymore.
Each time now when checking my mail from my laptop, I have to go and retrieve my phone and get a passcode from my phone.
This is quite a nuisance since I am the only person who uses my laptop. BTW, there is no passcode required when logging on to get my Yahoo mail through my Galaxy's phone and tablet. I have un and reinstalled Yahoo Mail it didn't help.
I have complained about this issue to Yahoo and got the advice to change my password. This has helped for a while. Now, I'm required to get the passcode again. This happens at every few times when I try to open my email. After all of that, the only choices I have with Yahoo Mail is to use the passcode every time now or do it later.
I realize all the security measures but I'm the only person to ever use my laptop. Does anybody know of any way to bypass the obnoxious passcode?

Reaction score
Log into your Yahoo mail on your laptop. In the upper right corner click on the cog wheel to the right of your name. Click on Account Info. On the left of the new page that pops up click Account Security. Go down to Two Step Verification and make sure that is turned off. That should take care of the issue.

Reaction score
Thank you both for writing. I had the Two Step verification turned off but it didn't help. Now I changed the slider to "yes, less secure apps to install is ok with me." So far, so good. If that doesn't help, I will use the Thunderbird app.
Again, thank you both for taking the time to write.

Ask a Question