Can't attach photos to Yahoo Mail

Lis

Reaction score
When trying to send an attached photo in an email I click on the icon find the photo wait forever for it to load and then get and error arrow .
I have tried for days and different photos it does the same thing every time

Any help?????????
Lis

Reaction score
Lis Just a suggestion. Have you tried the dragging and dropping the photo's into your email body? That's the method I use, it's most likely different for for each mail server.

Lis

Reaction score
Lis Just a suggestion. Have you tried the dragging and dropping the photo's into your email body? That's the method I use, it's most likely different for for each mail server.

Thank you . I tried this with the same result The photo shows up while downloading and once finished I get error
Worth a try but didn't work so thank you

Reaction score
Thank you . I tried this with the same result The photo shows up while downloading and once finished I get error
Worth a try but didn't work so thank you
You mean photo shows up while "uploading". I've seen that error before.
Yahoo has been acquired by Verizon & changes are occurring.
Try attaching it later.

T_J

Reaction score
I just logged into my Yahoo email and successfully sent an email with attached jpg to my ISP email address.

I opened new message; clicked on - 'attach files from computer'; when the window popped up with my computer files, I searched for and selected a jpg of a bull elephant in my Pictures Folder; then clicked OPEN, which is in lower right corner of file window.

The bull elephant jpg was visible on bottom of my Yahoo email. I typed in my ISP email and typed a subject, and hit SEND.

It took awhile but it finally showed up in my ISP inbox. I clicked on bull elephant jpg and jpg opened with the W10 basic PHOTO app . Worked great, although Yahoo does seem a little slow in sending my email with photo.

Maybe your jpg is too large? Yahoo may have 25MB attachment size limit?

I watch safari LIVE and do some screenshots (bull elle), like they tell you to. This week there is big migration at Maasai Mara in Kenya, LIVE on YouTube twice each day, 7 days per week, FREE, Friday night also on Nat Geo Wild channel (or YouTube).

Last edited:

Lis

Reaction score
Will do Have been at it for 10 days now
Yes the photo shows while uploading either dragged or attachment
when finished it flips to a large arrow and the word error above
I will keep trying Thanks for your interest
Lis

Reaction score
HI Lis,

what size is the file you are trying to upload, there is a size limit (normally only a few KB's) which you might be exceeding?. ;)

T_J

Reaction score
The 'bull elephant' jpg I sent was 190 KB. I use 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 9' to reduce KB of pictures or print screens.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 was installed by Dell for free on my Dell Windows 7 desktop. Photoshop survived the free Windows 10 upgrade and Photoshop is working great.

The 25MB limit I mentioned in my earlier post was from a BING search I did. It may or may not be correct? Safari LIVE is on at 0900 EST and maybe midnight EST (US), I live in CST (US) so its on now, the Maasai Mara migration is shown on Friday nights (US) and occasionally during the other days when they have LIVE from South Africa. Watching a LIVE 3-hour safari while checking forums is nice.

Last edited:

Ask a Question