Group Policy changes

Reaction score
Hello to everyone,
Currently, I am running W10 Home version 1809( October update) OS Build 17763.55. At times, when downloading an windows update ie Windows defender, Antimalware platform I am getting an error message (Error 0x80070643) indicating problems installing these updates etc. In researching this error code apparently I need to make changes to the GROUP POLICY settings. Anyone with experience with this and thoughts on how to approach this. Thanks.

Reaction score
Good morning Dave thank you for this info. I must admit I am little confused as which way to resolve this issue. Another Microsoft thread suggest that I make changes to the Group Policy settings. So I am tentative if go ahead make these changes as per your thread and then if that does not resolve this issue then try changing the Group policy settings? Thanks again. best wishes

Reaction score
Bottom line, cyclist, is that you do not have the Group policy editor in the Home edition.

Ask a Question