SOLVED Changing display language

Reaction score
Hello.

I recently purchased a second-hand laptop and the language is set to Chinese. I’ve so far been unable to change the display language to English.

I’ve changed the region (Australia) and downloaded the English keyboard, but this has had no effect on the display language.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Attachments

• 9D0E6329-F7AB-483D-B908-8C42BCB72B5C.jpeg
    9D0E6329-F7AB-483D-B908-8C42BCB72B5C.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 248
Reaction score
You need to go into the settings - Time and language. Might be the first obstacle, if you are looking at Chinese?
Click the top bar (Windows Display language) and see if it offers an English variety
You mat then be requested, or need to download the
"Windows display language with local experience" in the language you prefer. Believe it or not - it offers Australian English!

It is a simple process, but the download etc takes a little time. I do it regularly , converting friends computers to Danish, in my case.

Reaction score
?? In the Settings - Time and language?
I cannot help you translating from Chinese, but, in your picture, it looks like that top bar?
If you can find it - No.1 is the panel which shows your current language (Chinese)
No.2 you need to click, to take you to the language download site.

Reaction score
it looks like that top bar?
If you can find it - No.1 is the panel which shows your current language (Chinese)
No.2 you need to click, to take you to the language download site.

That top bar is the region which I have already changed. The option for display language is not available.

Reaction score
You can add preferred languages further down, then you can change the "Windows display language" to whatever you installed.
I just changed my display language to German and after logging out and back in, all my settings were in German language. Of course you can reverse it again if needed.

@davehc : I do not have your No.2 in my settings (Pro version)

Last edited:
Reaction score
"@davehc : I do not have your No.2 in my settings (Pro version)"
Ok, I am also on the "Pro". Maybe something to do with language selection? I have three languages installed, with on alternative install as the interface language.
jsworth: Have a look further down, as Grizzly suggests.

Reaction score
Possibly we are dealing with the impossible in this thread. Chinese language? Dont they write in pictures and right to left - or whatever. I think the op should wipe the whole thing and reinstall in his own preferred language.

Reaction score
I do not have the option to change display language on the menu.

I’ve been advised by others that it is not possible to change the language from the Chinese version of windows. Obviously this is an oversight from Microsoft (for shame!) so I’ll have to wipe the whole thing and start from scratch.

Thanks to those who commented. :)

Ask a Question