Changing Login prompts | Post anniversary update

Reaction score
Before Anniversary, my computer presented a login screen, I typed in my pw, and it logged in.
Post Anniversary, it tells me it "can't find it". I punch OK and am given two choices: Microsoft account or my original login.
Since I'm the only user, and since my original login was shorter than that for the MS account:
Is there a way to get my computer to "find the old one" or "present the old one first?".
It there a way to simply eliminate the Pw and just go to the desktop?

The last version of doing this I saw was from 2015, instructions were for W8, and unchecking "requrie users to enter Pw" was not effective.

If there's a tutorial...for W10 post Anniversary Update...please enlighten.

Reaction score
Hi wbajr,

If you want to eliminate the password and go right to the desktop, you can do this:

You right-clic on your Windows start logo and select « execute », then you type “ netplwiz ” and validate by « OK ».
A new window will appear (Users Account), then you simply uncheck the box saying that a users need to enter a password in order to use this computer.
And you validate your modification.

Have a Nice Day

Last edited:

Ask a Question