Changing User Account Name

Reaction score
Working with WIN10 Enterprise. My mom's name is on the main user account. How do I change it. When I open the Settings screen "Accounts" , "Your Info", there is no way to edit the user name under the Local account administrator.

thanks

upload_2017-11-4_18-4-39.png

Reaction score
One of the issues with the Enterprise edition is it usually is for company computers, is that the case here?

Reaction score
Try using the control panel "User Accounts" to open CP desktop app, type control in the search box,

Reaction score
Yes, the laptop was old hardware given to my wife at work. We are trying to make it our daughter's now.

Reaction score
Yes, the laptop was old hardware given to my wife at work. We are trying to make it our daughter's now.
Our church was given 4 Dell Notebooks with Win7 but they had a password that required logging into the company server. Since that was no longer possible and I had a copy of the OEM software I reformatted and installed then Upgraded to Win10, worked good. Then they got 3 more with the same password issue, Lenovo and IBM Thinkpads, but I don't have their software so they are good paperweights unless they want to buy copies of Win10.

Reaction score
Doh! I was looking in the wrong place. Control panel , User accounts section let me change the name.

thanks for the assist.

Ask a Question