SOLVED Clean install W10 after update 1511 (Build 10586.11)

Reaction score
Okay, I would like to clean install Windows now because... Oh it's such a long story.... To make it short, my system is booting in legacy bios but it is fully capable of booting into UEFI, all my hardware supports UEFI... I know, it's a long story, trust me, you don't want me to start rambling on about Windows 8.1 and previous hardware and this is a system I built myself and I never buy factory built computers and Windows issued me a product key for W8.1 then I upgraded to W10.............
So, I want to clean install Windows (I just upgraded to version 1511 on the 19th of Nov) for the sole purpose of manually going through the install steps and making sure it boots in UEFI this time.
I have backed up all files, personal folders and a system image just this morning.
I have created a Windows 10 installation disk. My Windows Activation is tied to the current hardware.
So what I'm looking for is a walkthrough for this task, or is it quite easy and self explanatory? I will wipe the c drive then place disk in optical drive and reboot computer then click on custom install and the rest is easy enough right??
My computer is running fine, better than fine, it's running great, I just want UEFI and secure boot activated.
So any input will be appreciated.

Reaction score
If you haven't downloaded 1511 ISO's you may need to wait a few days. The 1511 ISO's were reported to have been taken offline. We currently don't know if it was intentional or a weekend glitch.

Reaction score
If you haven't downloaded 1511 ISO's you may need to wait a few days. The 1511 ISO's were reported to have been taken offline. We currently don't know if it was intentional or a weekend glitch.
I'm not sure if I got the 1511 ISO. I got the file from Microsoft Download Center. I think I'll wait about a week before I attempt this.
I'm hoping someone can direct me to some text on this subject. I want to read as much as possible before I start.

Ask a Question