Cloning and Bootable Drives

Reaction score
I have a 240GB C-drive. I also have a 2TB external USB drive. If my C drive fails, what type of cloning and bootable drive should I utilize so that, if I buy a new 240GB C-drive, I can re-install a copy of the initial C drive?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Macrium Reflect Free is a good start it will create a disk/SSD image of your current disk, that should your disk fail all you have to do is restore that image to your new hard drive/SSD. 100% effective without errors used correctly. The paid-for versions allows incremental backups as well as tech support and access to the support forum. How to use Macrium Reflect to back up and Restore excellent Tutorial.

Reaction score
I have a 240GB C-drive. I also have a 2TB external USB drive. If my C drive fails, what type of cloning and bootable drive should I utilize so that, if I buy a new 240GB C-drive, I can re-install a copy of the initial C drive?

Thanks.
I use and continue to keep abreast with 4 different Programs - due to my Clients. and would recommend any of the 4.
1. Acronis True Image 2. Paragon Hard Disk 3. Macrium Reflect and4. MiniToolPartition. the main thing is READ all the requirements and how to..

Reaction score

Thanks.
Today I replaced my 1tb hdd with a 500 gb sdd. I used the free macrium reflect clone feature, it worked like a charm. You can clone whatever partitions you want, and no having to use a cd to do the job. I plugged my blank sdd into a spare sata port, and the cloning was done in 15 minutes, then just swap drives. Quick and easy.

Reaction score
Which ever program you use - as long as it does what you want. then it is a Excellent Program. Very glad you got it worked out.

Ask a Question