Recommendation On Cloning Drive Software

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

does anyone have a recommendation for a software that clones drive (support HDD, SSD and m.2) into a image file to store and reload back onto the a new drive when the old drive fails.

thanks,
WInOS

Reaction score
Personally I am using Acronis True Image (2011 and 2014) and been very happy so far.
There are others like Macrium reflect.
Sometimes a program like these come with the hard drive (or is available for download), Western Digital does that.

Reaction score
Yes for modern computers running UEFI Macrium Reflect is superior. I used to use Acronis I paid for it until 2015 in 2015 they still were unable to create and restore a UEFI GPT OS Disk/SSD. I started using Macrium Reflect in 2012 when I purchased my Asus Gaming notebook my first experience with UEFI. At that time I believe they were the only ones that could reliable create a OS Drive/SSD Image and restore it, having it bootable. Acronis it tech support missing in action even if you actually get any there no help. They do have a great Support Forum with some great user that are very helpful. Macrium has both tech support that is good and a good support forum with great user that are very helpful. Oh yea Macrium Reflect Free

Reaction score
I recommend Macrium Reflect, the free version has all the features to image &/or clone a drive.

Ask a Question