Consistent Crashing, event viewer pretty empty.

Reaction score
In the last 6 years of this computer, it never crashed. Not once. Evidently I'm lucky. In the last 6 months I've been experiencing bouts of crashes, sometimes I can go a week without, other times 3 a day, there's no pattern in what I've been doing at the time. All drivers have been updated, I have reinstalled windows, upgraded and swapped out parts. Nothing seems to help, and even the errors aren't consistent between crashes. This site doesn't allow posting files that are ".xml" which is what EV created, please let me know how to give you more info.

Specs:
Custom Built
Windows 10 64x
32G Memory, 4x 8 sticks
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
ASUSTek COMPUTER INC ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
NVIDIA GeForce GTX970
EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ Gold PSU

Reaction score
Exactly what parts have you swapped out? Obviously there's a lot of parts that are newer than 6 years old. Any parts that you changed/upgraded to, when the crashes started? First off I'd try running memtest on one stick of ram at a time. Check the SMART data on any HDD/SSD's. That's where I would start.

Reaction score
Exactly what parts have you swapped out? Obviously there's a lot of parts that are newer than 6 years old. Any parts that you changed/upgraded to, when the crashes started? First off I'd try running memtest on one stick of ram at a time. Check the SMART data on any HDD/SSD's. That's where I would start.

We have tried different ram, graphics cards, and PSU's, the parts listed are the actual main parts that weren't for testing purposes. There were no upgrades around the time of when crashes started (January.) I have Driver Easy Pro, which states all my drives are healthy/drivers up to date. I will try a mem test tomorrow. Thanks:)

Reaction score
If you've done a clean install of Windows, I would almost rule out driver issues. Although, I'm not a fan of driver updating software. It's possible it could install/update incorrect drivers. I've always been a proponent of manually keeping drivers updated from the manufactures websites. It really sounds like faulty hardware to me, but until everything is ruled out, it's tough to guess what that could be. Could you post any dump files?

Reaction score
If you've done a clean install of Windows, I would almost rule out driver issues. Although, I'm not a fan of driver updating software. It's possible it could install/update incorrect drivers. I've always been a proponent of manually keeping drivers updated from the manufactures websites. It really sounds like faulty hardware to me, but until everything is ruled out, it's tough to guess what that could be. Could you post any dump files?

I am currently looking for the money to upgrade PSU and graphics since they're the oldest, but like I said I swapped stuff around. Mem test came back clear. The dump even when zipped is too large, I am uploading it to GDrive and will reply with link shortly. Thanks:)

Edit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jjVFA6v6ONC1OBwNNM6kYVFzn54N690o/view?usp=sharing dump

Reaction score
Also, what version of Win 10 do you have (2004 is the latest). :)

Reaction score
Also, what version of Win 10 do you have (2004 is the latest). :)

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363
I will look into the upgrade/update link you provided

Ask a Question