SOLVED Continual System Freezing

Reaction score
seems to be related to InstallAgentUserBroker
Windows 10 Pro v1703 HP EliteBook 840 G2 Samsung 500GB SSD, all latest firmware, latest BIOS, ALL drivers incl. Intel(R) updated through HP site

Freezing first started with v1703, never before

CONTINUED FREEZING if left for 5+ min with no input (but any cursor movement or Sleep Mode prevents freeze)

.... total system freeze easily stopped with manual OFF, then manual ON (will freeze even if Mobile Partner turned OFF and physically disconnected from USB)

ALL earlier corrupted/missing files now corrected by scannow + dism/restorehealth (re-check with scannow)

close dump file, etc. examination now also with Verifier mainly shows that dongle Huawei Mobile Partner (my only available Internet connection) instantly causes Blue Screen under Verifier stress. Cannot update 2012 firmware as there IS no update available

Reliability Monitor shows InstallAgentUserBroker failed so far 363 times now!

It would be VERY nice to find a workaround for this issue .....

upload_2017-10-31_13-26-51.png
upload_2017-10-31_13-33-18.png

Attachments

• InstallAgent failures.PNG
    InstallAgent failures.PNG
    31.7 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
Reaction score
seems to be related to InstallAgentUserBroker
Windows 10 Pro v1703 HP EliteBook 840 G2 Samsung 500GB SSD, all latest firmware, latest BIOS, ALL drivers incl. Intel(R) updated through HP site

Freezing first started with v1703, never before

CONTINUED FREEZING if left for 5+ min with no input (but any cursor movement or Sleep Mode prevents freeze)

.... total system freeze easily stopped with manual OFF, then manual ON (will freeze even if Mobile Partner turned OFF and physically disconnected from USB)

ALL earlier corrupted/missing files now corrected by scannow + dism/restorehealth (re-check with scannow)

close dump file, etc. examination now also with Verifier mainly shows that dongle Huawei Mobile Partner (my only available Internet connection) instantly causes Blue Screen under Verifier stress. Cannot update 2012 firmware as there IS no update available

Reliability Monitor shows InstallAgentUserBroker failed so far 363 times now!

It would be VERY nice to find a workaround for this issue .....

View attachment 7433 View attachment 7434

Hi if you go to settings and click update and security then click troubleshooting and click the nearest option for your problem, the troubleshooter should narrow it down to a fix. If this doesn't work out for you I think you should click check for updates and get the fall creators update this takes about two hours to complete but leave it do its thing and when it is finished a nice clean new version of windows 10
will be on your pc, hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It took a few months of digging on another forum (had to eliminate possibility of hardware problem, drivers, etc.)
> All fixed with Clean Install (v1709), C: had less than 1/3 in it after > THAT was the problem,

All fixed

upload_2017-11-18_18-55-23.png

Reaction score
Good that you got sorted a fresh installation usually sorts things out if it's not hardware.

Reaction score
Yep. The official (mostly for businesses here) HP repairman + computer shop-owner first thought hardware since the device was 2nd-hand from some very clever Turkish guys who'd not only put in WinX and charged me for however sneakily they'd put it in (turns out this top-line model is expensive enough that NO Product Key is needed for WinX upgrades, etc.) and then re-put it in, forgetting to make me Admin., then put in the HDD from my Toshiba -- without telling me -- then put it in with a loose connection so the HP soon thought there was no HDD in, then put in a supposedly "new but not in the box" 500GB Samsung SDD (tested perfect however).

So during some glitches as the HP guy installed the Clean Install he again thought "hardware". But it was just a LOT of overlapping & confused MS software after MS installed v1703 on top of that mess .... a mess of compacted twisted spaghetti codes.

I love the HP device and the HP support and am very happy with the final hard-earned result, incl. the mostly fine-working v1709 (some MS-BS program to help developers "stopped working" and showed up in Reliability History; not being a developer I would rather prefer its absence) :)

Ask a Question