Continuing problem with a Windows 10 update KB 4524570 1903 64 bit

Reaction score
Hi. I have been using Windows 10 for quite a while now. I have an Acer Aspire E14 ( E5-475-31NV) laptop. this is the first time i have experienced so much trouble in updating to this update. Each time i do it i get an error message. Some of the error codes are as follows 0x80246013, 0x80070002, and 0x800773701. I have tried many "fixes" but none have worked.
These are some of the fixes i have tried :
(1) sfc/scannow
(2) dism.exe/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth

So any help anyone can give me would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Alistair Clarke
Newport
Wales
United Kingdom

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

I was reading your post, but found myself wondering. Have you installed the latest update, and then seen these errors, or did you mean you are unable to install the update at all, and those three error codes are what you've seen when trying?

If it is the latter, then when at your Desktop:
  • Type cmd into the Cortana search field, then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together
  • When the User Account Control prompts you, click yes to allow the Elevated Command Prompt to open
  • At the elevated command prompt type the following:

net stop wuauserv

Press Enter to stop the Windows update Service

Now type: ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

Press Enter to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder

Now type exit and press Enter to close the elevated command prompt.

• Restart the computer

Once you have restarted computer, check two things:
  1. Verify you have sufficient space left on your hard/ssd drive to install the update
  2. Via Device Manager verify there are no drivers requiring an update or attention. There may be a yellow icon with an exclamation mark in it next to a driver, which would indicate there is an issue.

• With those two things done, remove any external drives or USB pendrives that may be plugged in to your computer. Now, download a fresh copy of the Update, and install.

Note: If you are using a third party antivirus application, temporarily disabling it while you install the update is a good idea. If you only use Windows Defender, you can temporarily disable it by doing the following:

> Press Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
    > Select Update & Security
    > On the left pane select Windows Security
    > On the right pane select Virus & threat protection
    > In the new windows that opens, beneath Virus & threat protections settings click Manage settings
    > Toggle off the Real-time protection

When your computer restarts ( which it will do, while installing the latest update, Real-time protection will automatically be toggled-on again ), but if you want to check, repeating the steps above will allow you to manually toggle it on, if it has not already done this.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Here is the complete list of what I offer to my Clients when they have any issue with any update/upgrade.
Run as Admin (you can also make a .bat or .cmd file to run
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
rmdir /s /q c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution.old

net start wuauserv