Controlled Folder Access; W 10 Home V.1903;OS build 18362.356

Reaction score
Soon after i updated to the latest build I am experiencing issue with applications going through Controlled folder; specifically, whereas prior i was able to scan an doc and have that doc land in SCAN folder. now in order for me to do this i need to turn off the Controlled Folder Access. I have tried to open this folder and allow files to go thru to my SCAN folder by allowing in this case, all scans to be deposited into my SCAN folder but this did not work I am seeing a message...""Files cannot be saved to the selected folder because you do not have sufficient access privileges. Please select another folder"". and when i do select another folder i get the same message. Any thoughts anyone? Much appreciated. BTW this is on an EPSON all in one.

Reaction score
Are you logged into Windows with a User level account, or an Administrator level account? Perhaps you must be logged in as an administrator to modify permissions for Controlled folder access.

Reaction score
This issue has several bugs, I have to constant turn on MediaSharing, as long as i am using it is OK, then I will stop sharing and go back to normal computer, then If i need to share Media I have to reset to on.... (sample i send New from A different out of local area, to TV, it is good until I move back. or change Area, I then have to reset.)

Ask a Question