Accidentally deleted my downloads folder data

Reaction score
Hello All,

Few days ago, I was trying to clean my PC which has Win10x64 installed, I accidentally selected to delete my downloads folder data while deleting temporary files.

Is there any way to recover my only downloads folder data and files?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi salmanghiyas,

Try the following:

> Open File Explorer
> In left pane, right click the Downloads folder and select Properties
> Select the Previous Versions tab
> If the pane populates with previous versions, left click on the one dated that you want and then click the Restore button

Alternatively, you could select a restore point in System restore, that predates your deletion, or if you have the automatic backup activated I Windows 10, then use that to restore lost files.

Regards,

regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Well then you will need to try the alternate choices I mentioned.

For example, in your search box type create a restore point then press enter key

In the System Properties dialog that opens click the System restore button then select a restore point that predates your accidental deletion of files.

Reaction score
I've just tried that Regedit32 and theres nothing in mine though my computers fairly new, probably no other versions in there though its easy to back up to a cd which salmanghiyas must not have done.

Reaction score
Not sure how far you have got with this+ No idea by what means you deleted the folder conents, but, presumably, it is no longer in the recycle bin?

There is, as you probably know, another copy of the download folder under your username. You could have a look in there, fingers crossed.
And you are not using the Cloud facility? might still be lurking in there.
Another point. When you delete a file,it remains on the hard disk but is marked (usually with a dollar sign), so is unseen. Unfortunetly, the longer you continue to use the computer, the more chance those file have of being overwritten.
There are utilty programs out on the web that can help to find the file again, but often without 100% success

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just occurred to me. Perhaps you did have quite a lot there(?), but your quickest course is to download them again if you can recall them all.

Ask a Question