Folders Ownership Issues

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I decided to shift to Windows 10 this week when i bought a new hard drive. after installing the windows on the new hard drive i tried to open the folders on the old hard drive but it said that i'm not the owner so i watched a video on youtube and changed the ownership of all folders and subfolders to my current user(admin with all permissions allowed) on the new windows. Then i tried to copy my folders from the old hard drive but i was asked to give administrator permission to copy few files when i check those files i see that i'm the current owner although when i give permission to copy the files i get "file access denied" and there is option to click on "try again" or "ignore".

Can you please help? these files are very important to me.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    25 KB · Views: 207
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 235
Reaction score
i found out that after changing the ownership & the permissions i can copy the file but i have to do this to each and every file! They are thousands

Reaction score
Copied:

Say your content is within this folder:

C:\Users\Joe\Music\Albums\The Beatles\

You should be able to right-click Music, then use the permissions options to change the settings. As long as you choose to "replace permissions on child objects", it should trickle down to all the files and folders below.

Check this link: Changing permissions of multiple files

Ask a Question