Copy only newer?

Reaction score
Hi, I have a backup drive. I did a backup a while ago (docs, pics). Now I want to copy only newer (or modified) files.
How do I do that in Win10?

Reaction score
There are ways to do it by using scripts and third party programs.

What I do is, in explorer, is , first, click the "view2 on the top menu bar.
Select "Group by" - Modified.

There you have them.

Reaction score
Easier - yes. I donthave so manynew files on a daily basis and, if I wished( Idont!) itwouldtake seconds to back them up with my suggestion. Ten minutes with Macrium. I use good old life saving Macrium weekly

Reaction score
Thanks Clint and Dave. I'll check it out.
Yes with the paid version you can back up files and set up a folder where you keep your new files. Schedule a daily back Full, Differential, or Incremental. Very easy to set up backups that are very secure with Image Guardian that also comes with the paid version

Reaction score
For this feature, you can try Duplicati, totally free and it was my favorite. Now I use a tool called Gs Richcopy 360, it has this feature but is advanced, this feature called " byte-level replication ", also it has many helpful features but the tool is not free.

So my recommendation is if you are looking for a free tool, you can go with Duplicati

Reaction score
robocopy D:\Source C:\Destination /s /xo

Works beautifully

for help: Windows Key >> cmd >> Enter >> robocopy /?

Last edited:

Ask a Question