SOLVED my ISP provider is activating any copy of Windows 10

Reaction score
After the first first access to the Internet, my insider copy of Windows 10 activates itself, without a product key and my intervention. Is it normal? After that, I notice signs that someone is running my Windows. Any tips?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The insider version is a pre-activated version afaik as it has an expiry date.
How are you sure someone else has activated their Windows version with your license?

Reaction score
Also, your ISP shouldn't have anything to do with it unless you give Remote Access. Merely installing while being connected to the Internet can automatically activate for your Microsoft Account. To prevent it one would have to be disconnected from the Internet, easy to unplug the cable but sometimes hard to catch with a Wireless/Wi-Fi connection to the Router. If not activated at install will be prompted later when connected.

Reaction score
The insider version is a pre-activated version afaik as it has an expiry date.
How are you sure someone else has activated their Windows version with your license?
I have a legal non-insider Windows. I tried to install it on another computer without entering the product key, without entering my email, and without internet connection. However, after connecting to the Internet, it activated. I use a dynamic IP address.
Also I tried to change MAC address of my ADSL connection. I have three modems.
Signs that my Windows is cracked - changes are made to the firewall, sometimes Xbox spontaneously turns on ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unfortunately the part about the "hacking site" and "fake "serials"" probably is making your installation illegal in the eyes of Microsoft.

Friends, I recommend registering the MAC address of your device in your personal account. Now I turn to Kazakhtelecom For several days in a row I have been talking to your support service at 165. I ask them to give me the opportunity to register the MAC address of the ADSL modem in my personal account. I need it. And that's why. When I log on to the Internet for the first time, with Windows just installed, not activated, I get to the hacking site. It is immediately activated with fake "serials." After that, my com

Reaction score
That's it. I want to stop this. I wrote about this to Microsoft, but Microsoft does not respond, most likely not because it does not want to see the problem, but because it does not notice me. A very large company always has a huge bureaucratic apparatus that slows down the reaction.

Reaction score
The only way I know to clean things up is with a clean wipe and install of a legally-obtained copy or Product Key of Windows. For the software you may be able to use the MCT/Media Creation Tool process to download either an .iso file to use creating the DVD or the Bootable USB 8GB, 16GB or 32GB Thumb drive [not larger] which will be reformatted as FAT32 losing everything on it.

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. I see that you really want to help me. However, I have already tried it all. Formatted twice in DOS without Windows. It turns out that I am being routed to a fake authorization site. And after such authorization, someone have the rights above the computer administrator. Their rights roughly equal to those of Microsoft.

Reaction score
I would reset your modem/router to factory defaults & then ensure you have a unique SSID & passphrase for it.
You may want to run the standard AV software - Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner etc or clean install Windows.
If your license is illegal then this too should be changed/removed & a genuine one purchased. The key not being genuine is probably why you’re being routed to the fake authorisation site - so the key can activate Windows & allow access to the hackers.
To remove the key:
Click the Start Button, type cmd then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'
Run this command and hit Enter:
slmgr /upk
When that completes, close Command Prompt
That command will have removed your licence from that PC and no one can retrieve it

Reaction score
I would reset your modem/router to factory defaults & then ensure you have a unique SSID & passphrase for it.
You may want to run the standard AV software - Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner etc or clean install Windows.
If your license is illegal then this too should be changed/removed & a genuine one purchased. The key not being genuine is probably why you’re being routed to the fake authorisation site - so the key can activate Windows & allow access to the hackers.
To remove the key:
Click the Start Button, type cmd then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'
Run this command and hit Enter:
slmgr /upk
When that completes, close Command Prompt
That command will have removed your licence from that PC and no one can retrieve it
I reset the modem many times, set passwords to the maximum length, deleted the product keys in the command line ... I did this several times with different Windows. By the way, I have been working with satellite modems for many years (the menus and settings there are much more complicated), so I studied this issue very carefully. The only option is the provider's "confusion" in incorrect routing.
Any way thank you for your advise.

Reaction score
It looks like there will be no more tips. I think the question is clear. Apparently erroneous or intentionally malicious routing is inevitable, for now. We need corrections in routing and software to help avoid this situation. I think blockchain would help here.

Ask a Question