Can't copy from mapped drive

Reaction score
I have a mapped drive on Window's 10 and I can work locally on the drive without any problem but copying files doesn't work.

I can't copy files to or from the mapped drive

Attachments

• Map copy error.png
    Map copy error.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 99
Reaction score
It might depend upon where the drive is located, another computer, a server, etc. I have 2 x 2TB NAS drives attached by Ethernet cable to my Router and have no issue doing file management on them from both Wired computers and Wireless computers.

Reaction score
As the message says, that drive is no longer available. It might have gotten a different ID or is no longer shared on your network as well as the computer containing the drive might not be online or does not share drives, files etc..

Reaction score
The mapped disk is sitting on a Windows XP box. Trying to slowly migrate away from a legacy systems which has some really old hardware we can't get to run on Window's 10. So we are trying to bridge the gap using Window's 10 to manage / control the XP box along with it's antiquated hardware.

Reaction score
Once in awhile I have a drive that shows as not connected on a Wireless Notebook, turning off the Wireless adapter or changing to Airplane Mode then back on fixes the connection. Rarely needed is disconnecting a drive, rebooting then mapping that drive again works. [I think the Notebook I have the issue with having communication problems between its 802.11ac Wireless and the Router's 802.11n.] It sometimes helps to open Task Manager, locate File Explorer/Windows Explorer and Restart gets it back.

Reaction score
This is on a wired network and what's strange is that if I'm working on the mapped disk there's no problem, but if I try and copy a file from the mapped drive to say the system disk, that's when I get the error.

Immediately after receiving the error, I can go right back to working on the mapped drive editing files without issues. Trying the copy command again brings the error right back up. I've tried booting, un-mapping and re-mapping the disk but nothing seems to help.

Reaction score
What is the foldder on the system drive you are using? Have you tried creating a New, Folder on the destination drive but not under Windows or Users and copy into it?

Reaction score
Yes, tried user directory, then tried a newly created temp folder, doesn't seem to matter. Oh and just before I get the error message I'm prompted to use my administrative privileges before the copy is even attempted. Then the copy status dialog is displayed then the error pops up.

Ask a Question