Cortana and Canada problem

Reaction score
I'm from Canada and could not get Cortana to work in my region. The only setting that was not set to English/Canada was speech. Under speech there was only one setting available which was English(United States). Will this be changed? Because it seems you must have region, language and speech all set to exactly the same thing or Cortana will not work. I installed the Canadian language pack, so I know that part is OK.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There still seems to be a few issues impacting Cortana's behavior with respect to global regional settings.
It would appear that in the most recent build (10158) there have been some improvements in Cortana. I'm not sure however if it will help in your particular situation.

Reaction score
There still seems to be a few issues impacting Cortana's behavior with respect to global regional settings.
It would appear that in the most recent build (10158) there have been some improvements in Cortana. I'm not sure however if it will help in your particular situation.

Well, in my case there is a drop down box to select region, you add a language pack in and click on it to select it, but for speech there is only (English) United States and an arrow as if there is a drop down box but there is nothing else to select. This is what needs to be addressed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This is what needs to be addressed.
And as I said.....
I'm not sure however if it will help in your particular situation.
So it may be worth looking into.
As they move forward with these builds more of the native apps will receive some much needed attention and I suspect, will become more viable and less problematic.

Reaction score
I am on build 10162. I have the same issue. What I would like to know is why they say Cortana is available in our region(Canada) yet they do not provide the speech pack required for it to work.

Ask a Question