Cortana Set Up Loop

Reaction score
My problem with Cortana is probably pretty simple for anybody knowledgeable about the inner workings.

I accepted the option to set up a pin early on in my Windows 10 conversion process. And it has been convenient. However, evidently I forgot the original Windows password that I used before the pin or something.

When I try to set Cortana up (and I would like to check it out) It asks me to sign in with my Microsoft Live ID, which I do, and it accepts that. Then it says to be sure it's me I need to put in my Windows password one last time. I've tried all the ones that I had recorded but none of those seem to be acceptable.

It says you can leave it blank and continue the process, but that evidently is not true, or at least doesn't work for me on my system. So I never get past that point.

If anybody has any clues or ideas to try, I would greatly appreciate it.

This also keeps me from being able to use the regular Windows search.

I can go into File Explorer and select This PC, and search from there using the various Advanced Search Tips I copied down to be able to search Files and Folders by name, or partial name, and so forth.

But there are sometimes when a simple search from the search box would be great.

Ask a Question