SOLVED Log-In After setting upCortana

Reaction score
I've been using Windows 10 set up exactly as I wanted it since my original installation. Today I wanted to set up Cortana. It was suggested that I use a PIN instead of a password. I thought this was just for Cortana so I agreed. Now my whole system has been changed. I have to log in with my Microsoft account which I never had to do and don't want to do. How can I get back to my original name with no long-in at startup.

Reaction score
See if this tutorial will help.
NOTE : Step 1 and Step 2 appear to be a little out of date. Please use these step instead.........
Start button > Settings > Accounts > then follow Step 3 from the tutorial.

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/how-to-remove-sign-in-options-on-windows-10.html

excerpt at the end of Step 6............
After these six steps, you'll find that your user password has been removed, and the PIN and picture password have been removed automatically. That is, the sign-in options are removed at one time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks David. I've had some success. Things didn't go exactly as you indicated they would but I did finally get to a place to change to no password. However, on the restart a picture comes up that needs to be clicked on before I see my log-in. After I do log-in all the screen savers have disappeared. All I see is a blank purple screen.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
You mean your desktop has gone.
You can download more desktop pictures

Reaction score
What I posted is a tutorial.
I never use PIN sign in option. So, I do not have first hand experience of the subject matter.

RE : After I do log-in all the screen savers have disappeared. All I see is a blank purple screen.
I need to make sure I understand correctly.
You are not saying that when you log in you only see purple screen. Are you ?
You just lost the screensaver. Yes ?

If screensaver is what you lost, in the search bar next to the Start button, type screen saver >top left, click Turn Screen Saver On or Off > under Screen saver, click the pointer and select a screen saver > OK when done.

Reaction score
You mean your desktop has gone.
You can download more desktop pictures
Thanks David. I've had some success. Things didn't go exactly as you indicated they would but I did finally get to a place to change to no password. However, on the restart a picture comes up that needs to be clicked on before I see my log-in. After I do log-in all the screen savers have disappeared. All I see is a blank purple screen.

Reaction score
I searched for "screen saver" and found my 61 pictures. I set it change every 15 minute and turned it on. At first the pictures went flying by every 5 seconds. I check my settings and it was for 15 minutes. Then all of a sudden one picture has been showing now for over half an hour already. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I searched for "screen saver" and found my 61 pictures. I set it change every 15 minute and turned it on. At first the pictures went flying by every 5 seconds. I check my settings and it was for 15 minutes. Then all of a sudden one picture has been showing now for over half an hour already. Any suggestions?

I am sorry. I have no answer for you.
I never use screen saver, not even during the Vista days.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
That one may be your desktop one check it is not locked to stay there,
Also have known it to have a hitch where the slide show does mess up had that in 8.1 but not ever in 10.

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly what I did but my screen saver is back up and running smoothly again. thanks to all who offered suggestions.

Ask a Question