SOLVED User Login No Longer Available

Reaction score
My Windows 10 login is now only showing "Administrator" and this takes me to a desktop with a very reduced content. I now have to navigate via Windows Explorer to <This PC Local Disk (C) Users Owner> to find my files etc. This change only occurred a few days ago. How can I change things so that when I login to Windows 10 it will open up to my "Owner" desktop with all my stuff on it? Might this be the result of a recent Win 10 update?

Reaction score
My Windows 10 login is now only showing "Administrator" and this takes me to a desktop with a very reduced content. I now have to navigate via Windows Explorer to <This PC Local Disk (C) Users Owner> to find my files etc. This change only occurred a few days ago. How can I change things so that when I login to Windows 10 it will open up to my "Owner" desktop with all my stuff on it? Might this be the result of a recent Win 10 update?

It might, the timing is right for that to be the case BUT I just recently did an update and I don't have the same issue at all.

What version of Windows 10 are you using? >start>run>winver to see.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
My Windows 10 login is now only showing "Administrator" and this takes me to a desktop with a very reduced content.
Did you recently enable the hidden / disabled Administrator account for some reason.
IF so AND didn't configure a password that account might roll you right into that desktop automatically without any prompting.
IF SO
Then you should be able to use the Windows logo icon (bottom left of screen) to select the account picture (usually top most left side of menu) to sign-out / log-off, which....
Should then take you to the sign-in screen with your other account listed as a selection near the bottom left of the screen.
Depending on your version of Windows 10 it might require you to actually click the "Switch User" link on the Sign-In screen to make it available.

Ask a Question