SOLVED Cost of Microsoft Flight Sim 2020

Reaction score
This is just a simple question. but I can't seem to find the answer.
I see Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 advertised everywhere for $60.00.
I live outside the U.S.A. and when I see the price listed in the local currency, it is $80.00.
One specific place is the Microsoft Store, but there are other places listing the same way.
Does anyone know why the extra $20.00?
Thanks for reading
JRJ

Reaction score
I dont know where you live, but, possibly, the biggest factor is tax

Reaction score
Right, currency conversion rates influence the price and changing frequently and as Dave mentioned there is tax, probably VAT or a different name depending upon the country.

Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies.
Yes, I guess it could be a tax addition. Nothing I can do about it but I was really curious.
Best to all
JRJ

Reaction score
I don't know much about Steam or its downloads for Flight Simulator but worth a look at imo.

I'm a cheap old guy so I'm still using the original FSX that I can find on ebay.
It pays to really look hard because I've purchased some original unopened new in box FSX versions for very little money.

If you download the new Steam version you better have a bad ass graphics card.
The original FSX was enough to bring most desktop computers to there knees however graphics hardware is a lot better these days.

I still enjoy original FSX on my old FSX computer from 2006 running Windows XP. :cool:

Last edited:

Ask a Question