Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@clifford_cooley, I live near the Austrian border (Tirol), they shut down in Tirol last week as it in turn borders northern Italy. Italy just reported another all time high death rate of 627 in one day!. :(

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm never going to understand how they arrive and these random numbers.
It started with gatherings of 500, which quickly went down to 250, then to 100 now it's 10.

I'm thinking a gathering of two is one too many unless you can account for every moment of the other persons time when you are not together.

Common sense. Practice hyper personal hygiene and social distancing maintaining 6 feet between each other, alcohol or clorox all common surfaces.

Be well, be safe and be kind.
Understanding that your personal conduct and behavior can adversely impact those around you, often those you care the most about.

Saw a good tweet the other day.
"Your parents and grand parents were called to war.
You're being called to stay home and sit on the couch.
See if you can avoid screwing that up."

Reaction score
Here is just me and wife. I'm Retired US Army and Computer Shop owner, Wife is Retired Nurse.
To all Read #25 and DO IT, Stay Home do not Roam.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm Retired US Army
Thank You.
Did three years RA, from 1968 -71. Almost re-upped but I couldn't get the bonus and the school I wanted (warrant officer flight school).
They said I had to pick one, so I picked ETS and never looked back.
Still the biggest honor and privilege of my life to have served along side some of the bravest and selfless men and women on the planet

Reaction score
I did 4 yrs Regular Navy '58-'62, got out for the same as Trouble, couldn't get a school for advancement and they wouldn't talk unless I re-upped. Turned out I would have been quoted anyway, no vacancies. Got out late '62, 3months later got hired by the FAA doing the same Air Traffic Control work, retired 31 yrs later 2 months before I turned 55 now retired since late '94.

I did go back into Ready Reserve in '69 and along with a number of others got discharged from USN in '70, they found they couldn't call us up for more than 30 days at a time and they didn't like that.

Reaction score
"
It started with gatherings of 500, which quickly went down to 250, then to 100 now it's 10.

I'm thinking a gathering of two is one too many unless you can account for every moment of the other persons time when you are not together. "

Boris Jonson has just put the figure down to two!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Not sure if Boris Johnson's sudden epiphany in coming around to my way of thinking is a positive sign, unless he added the caveat of
unless you can account for every moment of the other persons time when you are not together.
For example....
My wife and I seldom out of sight of one another (despite my best efforts) can go for a nice walk together.
My daughter and or grand daughter who live two doors down from me (separated only by a common neighbors house) cannot, should not and will not.

They were both over today shooting hoops in my driveway.
I stood on my front porch, probably 15 or 20 feet away and cheered them on.

Our State's Governor just today signed a "stay at home" order for the entire State of Indiana.
Seems our political bureaucracy is still lagging behind what we residents have been doing for some time.

All well here, everyone seems to be reasonably well, safe and healthy for now.
Best wishes for all.

Reaction score
I still observe, locally, and via news items, that individuals are not prepared , yet, to take it so seriously. It IS serious!!

Reaction score
Boris Johnson took far too long to react to the situation, people packed like sardines in trains and buses, people not keeping their distance from each other and to top it all, there were tens of thousands taking a trip into the rural countryside to "get away from it all" at the weekend. Ignorance will be the death of many in the UK!. :(

On top of that, 6 ambulances were damaged by vandals in Kent at the weekend which made them unserviceable, what is wrong with these people?. :(

Reaction score
The only thing, for some years, that Boris has reacted quickly to, was his desire to boot May out of office so that he could take over. The man is an ignorant bully and dictator. Apart from Trump's actions, where is democracy if the "boss" can just close the government if they disagree with him.

Wolfie. Just seen the news that Germany has cut down assemblies to 2

Reaction score
I have only seen 1 friend in a week Dave, we kept our distance as it is playing on everyone's mind here. Standing a few feet apart and not being able to give your friends a hug or handshake is hard right now. I see my neighbour who is also a friend for a few mins each day and we still keep a few feet apart whether I am in his place or he is in mine!. :eek:

Is Boris Johnson a clone of Trump or what?????. LOL. :):):):):):):)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't worry. But I have about 5 acres with old barns etc. Constant job trying all known methods to keep rats down.
But it is a rare thing to catch the disease mentioned - rats have been around country properties for a very long time!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Just don't get too close to the little buggers Dave:

"According to the CDC, hantavirus cases are rare, and they spread as a result of close contact with rodent urine, droppings or saliva. " ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah. Looks like I will have to stop hand feeding them and petting them! :D Shame really. I have just taught one to hold wires when I am soldering stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question