Create Recovery driver requires signed in as "an administrator running a console session"

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a Recovery Driver. I get just so far and then get the following error message "We can't create the recovery drive A problem occurred while creating the drive" After some online research about this error message I find that creation of a recovery driver requires that I be signed in as " an administrator running a console session." I am signed in as an administrator but I don't know how to meet the requirement for being signed in as "an administrator running a console session" HELP!!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
running a console session
A console session, at least back in the day, normally referred to setting physically at the machine or using one of the /console switches (which I don't think even exist anymore) when logging in remotely through mstsc.exe
(Microsoft Terminal Server Client) application.
Are you trying to do this remotely using RDP or another terminal client software product?

Ask a Question