SOLVED Creator upgrade bug (java programs)

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
It maybe is Microsoft's fault, but its not Microsoft's software.
But why dont you report that bug to Microsoft and see what they tell you :)

So my theory was that some temp files that are no longer OK were being accessed, but if you cleared and error persists, then that theory is out the window.

What I would do is:

1. Remove all the problematic softwares
  2. Remove Java
  3. Reboot
  4. Run something like CCleaner (both the cleaner and the registry cleaner)
  5. Reinstall Java JRE - Latest version
  6. Then install one single problematic software. (download their latest versions)
  7. Test. (make notes)
  8. Rinse and repeat step 6 and 7

Regedit32

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with Microsoft.

Did you install the critical patch I pointed you to, and more importantly did you bother to read why the patch was released?

The classFileParser is part of the JRE. not your geogebra or other Java programs not working.

When you run the programs they are likely instantiating the aforementioned class, hence I asked if you can post or upload its current status on your affected machine.

If you don't want to do that, then at least compare it to the machines you say work fine.

I'm happy to help, but burying your head in the sand and blaming Windows for this is getting us no where.

I've been programming for a long time and can assure you Java works fine on my machines, using all versions of Windows 10 Creator. Sure the occasional Java bug will slip through, but 100% of the time the fault is with the Java update, not with Windows. Don't be fooled into thinking Java is some Super God that never trials poor distros on the end user. They are notorious for this!

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Clearly the PC's are different somehow, configuration or something else that makes them not prone to see this error.

Reaction score
Clearly the PC's are different somehow, configuration or something else that makes them not prone to see this error.

Yes. But what ? Some people said it is fault od nvidia but in the both pc are the last versione of the Geforse experience and driver. I tried disinstalling but nothing. Other people have the same problem, so it is not unique. A portable version of an application plus Java machine in the other pc works so aren't java files

Reaction score
Also an old version of portablepgp (with an old java machine) works in the other but not here if search file. Here all java applications crash when they search a file. Other functions of the applications works, so it is only this specific call.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Geforce Experience? Why do you need that? I never install it personally, useless bloatware ;) as far as Im concerned, should die in a fire.

Out of curiosity, can you rename folders on the machines you experience this?

Reaction score
Solved.
It dipends from God Mode activated.
To deactivated search in C:\Users\user\Desktop\GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and delete it.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@Massie great, Java in God mode, what could possibly go wrong....

Feel free to mark thread as solved.

Glad you are sorted and thx for coming back to us with a solution.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I didn't think people even bothered with GodMode any longer.

The Access Violation makes more sense now because the JFileChooser will access a dedicated control panel that contains elements Microsoft have deprecated.

Thanks for sharing your discovery.

If you actually want to keep GopdMode then you'd need to modify the JAR file to run an exception check and create a rule to pass over this directory. That probably is not worth the hassle though given Microsoft will in time more than likely deprecate GodMode too.

Ask a Question