SOLVED Spring Creators Upgrade for download available (but only in ESD files)

Reaction score
According to an article on the German site Winfuture.de the next release of Windows 10 (Spring Creators Upgrade - 1803) is currently available for download from the Microsoft servers. The files are available as ESD files which cannot directly be installed but have to be decompressed and converted to an ISO file. Download links can be found in this attached and zipped XML-file.

The download links are valid, I tried a few. The ESD file can be converted to ISO using ESDtoISO.

BTW: the new Windows will be released under the build # 1803 build17133.1.180323-1312.rs4_release

I have installed the converted ESD file but it installs as HOME version even though the download link was suppose to be the PRO version. The install did NOT let me choose which version. Might had something to do with the converter program I was using.

Going to wait until next week and get the MCT....

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 888
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I have seen comments about ESDtoISO not working with later builds. I saw another comment regarding some missing .Net 3.x components but not sure if the two are related.

Reaction score
I was reading about how you use a correct .xml file (which is linked above), put into a cab file and put into a folder with the media creator tool. I suppose I could try doing that, just to play.

Ask a Question