Problems caused by Windows Creator upgrade

Reaction score
I upgraded to Windows Creator three days ago and since then I have had problems using my Facebook account. Everything is in slow motion and when I try to message or share typing is severely delayed. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Reaction score
HI Virginia,

you will most likely find that your system is doing a full update even though you have just done an upgrade, it loads even more stuff so boot your PC and give it an hour then check if updates is working in the background!. :)

Reaction score
HI Virginia,

you will most likely find that your system is doing a full update even though you have just done an upgrade, it loads even more stuff so boot your PC and give it an hour then check if updates is working in the background!. :)
Okay, will try that again but I upgraded three days ago and have rebooted many times but will try again. Thank you.

Reaction score
Don't be in such a hurry to reboot. Every time you do that, the update download starts over. Let the computer run overnight.

Reaction score
Don't be in such a hurry to reboot. Every time you do that, the update download starts over. Let the computer run overnight.
I checked and it has completely downloaded into my laptop. I do let it run at night but I appreciate the assistance. Do you have any other suggestion on how to fix Facebook problem?

Reaction score
Virginia, don't believe anything some amateur replies here. The latest update is a failure to all Windows 10 users. When Bill Gates turned the "important" matters over to the person that "tries " to run it now, he is causing more problems than they can handle. We have five computers in this household and four have all started these weird problems since the upgrade. I have taken three of those four and moved back to Windows 7, and I can say they now run fine and dandy. This last one...the one I'm using now just went back to a Facebook account that I don't know or every heard of ..while I was typing this reply to your post. I'm keeping this PC desktop with Win 10 Home for the time being to find if Microsoft destroys the rest of their company.

Reaction score
Been There: You don't have to refer yourself as an amateur, I have never seen any member on this forum claim that they are experts. All members have the same experience with Windows 10.

Reaction score
The thread, from Virginia, is only concerned with her Facebook account slowing down. Perhaps any members joining in could offer a further solution to that.
Fwiw. Virginia, if you browse the problem, you will find that the fault is with Facebook. It seems they need to update something to accommodate small changes in the Windows browser(s) I am sure that it will be dealt with in a reasonably short time, so hang in.
Referring to an earlier post. Don't be dissuaded with random reports you may read in Forums etc. I work, free, helping the older generation, who are still computer literate enough to wish to update. Apart from specific computer glitches, so far they are all happy with windows 10 and have experienced no major problems, since its innovation.
I, and my family, have several mixed computers between us. we, also, have not experienced any problems. Sorry, but I have to add, none of my closer acquaintances run Facebook.

Reaction score
HI Virginia,

don't use the MS onboard FarceBook app, log into FB via a browser and you will be fine!. :)

As you can see from my pic, I removed the FB app from my apps list, along with several other bits of crap that MS so kindly pre-installed for me!:

apps.JPG

Is your original problem sorted now?. :D

Reaction score
The thread, from Virginia, is only concerned with her Facebook account slowing down. Perhaps any members joining in could offer a further solution to that.
Fwiw. Virginia, if you browse the problem, you will find that the fault is with Facebook. It seems they need to update something to accommodate small changes in the Windows browser(s) I am sure that it will be dealt with in a reasonably short time, so hang in.
Referring to an earlier post. Don't be dissuaded with random reports you may read in Forums etc. I work, free, helping the older generation, who are still computer literate enough to wish to update. Apart from specific computer glitches, so far they are all happy with windows 10 and have experienced no major problems, since its innovation.
I, and my family, have several mixed computers between us. we, also, have not experienced any problems. Sorry, but I have to add, none of my closer acquaintances run Facebook.
Thank you for your reply to my inquiry. First, what does "Fwiw" mean? I am one of those senior citizens that knows enough to do updates and browsing but not much else. I thought I was pretty successful with Fall Creator update but realize, as you stated above, that it is a flaw with Facebook and I will have to try and be patient. It is good to know now that there is a place to ask questions, it took me several days to find it on Facebook but am so glad I did. Thank you so much for your assistance and to those others as well that offered opinion. Virginia

Reaction score
Lol.(Laughing out loud) Sorry it is an internet word. All it means is "For what it is worth"
So. What is the update to your story? Have you found enough to keep you waiting, or is your query here open for some offers from experienced Facebook users?
Wolfie's suggestion is a good one, but not too helpful if you really want to use Facebook!

Reaction score
I understand how computers work and how the upgrades are suppose to make them better in operations. But, I sometimes think all this (problems and such) is a game that Microsoft is playing. You can go and get a these Windows 10 owners and ask them this question> When you encounter these problems with their, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? The answer is about 62% saying they will look into buying a new PC and avoid the hassles with all the upgrades and such. WOW!. Now Microsoft likes those words...meaning sales will go up and that is the "real" intentions that Microsoft is looking for. Increase sales.
Here is my thought on what will happen down the road ..let's say in couple years. Microsoft will slap a monthly or yearly fee to use their (Microsoft OS) just like Dish and Direct TV does on having people to het their television viewing. Although, we all have paid or switched ...upgraded to Windows 10, they (Microsoft) see we all need to pay to continue to use the system.

Reaction score
Lol.(Laughing out loud) Sorry it is an internet word. All it means is "For what it is worth"
So. What is the update to your story? Have you found enough to keep you waiting, or is your query here open for some offers from experienced Facebook users?
Wolfie's suggestion is a good one, but not too helpful if you really want to use Facebook!
Thank you for the Fwiif definition - never in my life did I think I would need a new kind of dictionary but guess one is never too old to learn. Facebook is still being a bother but I will just have to be patient and that should take all of my energy. I never used FB until end of February because it wasn't something I was familiar with but now that I have it and can keep in contact with my family and children who live in other states I find I miss it terribly so will keep trying every day no matter how frustrating it is. Thank you so much for your assistance and have a great day!

Ask a Question