Currently Stuck on Windows Enterprise 10

Reaction score
Hi there,

At June 27 of 2015, I installed Windows Insider Preview for my Sony VAIO and I didn't know that I could revert back to my Windows 7 before I realized that my 30 day deadline expired. So now I am stuck on Windows Enterprise 10 (preview build 10240) and on the bottom right hand side of my screen, there is a watermark saying:

Activate Windows
Go to Settings and activate Windows.

I have already tried to activate it, but there was an error that said:

Error code: 0x8007007B

So I looked it up and it said something about wrong syntax or something like that. Is there anyway for me to update my Windows 10 Enterprise, or am I going to be stuck here forever?

Also, if this is the wrong place to place a new thread, please let me know. Thank you!

Reaction score
The information was posted before July 29th, 2015.
However, the info still applies.

Source

If you are seeing the “Activate Windows” watermark on Build 10240, please first understand that all pre-release product keys published earlier for builds of Windows 10 Insider Preview have been deactivated and will no longer activate any Preview builds, including Build 10240. This will not impact any devices that were activated in the past using those product keys. To check your activation status, go to Settings, choose Update & Security, and select Activation.

Windows 10 Insider Preview, Enterprise Edition

You’ll need to activate with your organization’s Volume License keys (KMS or MAK) or VL keys acquired through MSDN subscription. Please post any questions related to Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview in the TechNet Forum.
If you installed the Enterprise Edition, but are not part of an organization with a Volume License, you will not be able to activate. Please revert Windows 7 or 8.1, and upgrade to Windows after it’s released on July 29 by reserving your copy of Windows 10.

Ask a Question