Deactivate my win10 product key

Reaction score
I need to deactivate my win10 product key to use it on another pc. HOWEVER SLMGR VBS/UPK does not do it, it only comes up with a vbs script.
How can i get around this problem?

Reaction score
The vbs script is in notepad but I don't know how to run it from there. I can copy the script but how do i run it?

Reaction score
VBS script is basically a TXT file with a VBS file extension. Windows will execute a VBS script the same way it does EXE files. You should be able to start the script simply by clicking on the file name.

Reaction score
I get an error message when I run it. I just need some way to delete my Win10 product key to use it on another pc. Because I used slmgr /cpky by mistake the key was removed from the registry so slmgr /upk no longer works. The only other way I guess is to wipe the hard drive but I don’t want to do this. Any ideas would be welcome.

Reaction score
I get an error message when I run it. I just need some way to delete my Win10 product key to use it on another pc. Because I used slmgr /cpky by mistake the key was removed from the registry so slmgr /upk no longer works. The only other way I guess is to wipe the hard drive but I don’t want to do this. Any ideas would be welcome.
When I run slmgr /upk I get to a vbs script in a notepad file. When I run it I get the error message saying ‘Strings’ code 800A000D. It would do the job if it was to run.

Reaction score
This is the only thing I know to share with you on the error.

Pay close attention to the line number in the error. It will lead you straight to the problem area of the code.

Reaction score
Using slmgr /upk only uninstalls the keys from Windows. It doesn't do anything with regards to being able to use the key on another machine. Iit simply removes the key from Windows, no effect on the activation servers
Do you have another key you plan to use on that copy of Windows?
Installing that key Slmgr /IPK sxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx should be just as effective.
If you are not planning on using that machine if you reformat the machine machine to remove Windows would again work just as well with regards to using /UPK
Running Windows after using /UPK means the machine is in an unlicensed state and doesn't know what features are available, so items may or may not work

Ask a Question