SOLVED Defender and Malware

Reaction score
Does Windows defender have it's own malware protection built in?. Because I used to be able to use malwarebytes, but recently defender rurns it's self off.

Reaction score
As I understand it Malwarebytes will not attempt to turn off Defender. I run defender and just do a scan with Malwarebytes every so often.
Also MS downloads its own anti-malware programs and runs them, usually at the time of the monthly update.

Reaction score
I had to download a new free version of malwarebytes on my laptop because of the crash, it states a 14 day trial now. Whether it remains to be free after then, who knows Tim. But it won't run with defender,everytime I Installed it and started to run it, defender turned itself off.

Reaction score
For the free version, click on the settings gear on the upper right. Choose the account tab, then deactivate the free 14 day trial. Now Malwarebytes won't run in the background, and Defender should work fine.

Reaction score
Thanks BigFeet, funnily enough it only happens on my Lenovo laptop, which is strange. Although it doesn't state in in settings, I firmly believe this laptop is in tablet mode and not full mode to be honest.

Reaction score
I have Malwarebytes Premium and Malwarebytes Premium Privacy VPN and Defender is still "ON" and never shuts itself "OFF".

Ask a Question