SOLVED Driver based virus and windows defender

Reaction score
I received n email that states I have used an email account to gain access and track your internet usage etc by installing a driver-based virus that is undetectable.

Should Windows defender find this type of virus? Is this genuine or a scam?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I would assume if the threat came via email, it's most likely a scam. What exactly did the email say? Who did it come from?

As far as Defender finding it, no antivirus software is perfect.

Reaction score
Basically, it said I have access to your email account and have started to track your internet history and, have installed a trojan virus on the operating system. My virus continually refreshes the signature (driver-based). Transfer a sum of money within 48 hours or I will send some dodgy videos to all of your contacts. It was from (e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
That's almost certainly a scam. I don't think I'd worry too much about it. I haven't heard of that scam in quite a few years.

Reaction score
Basically, it said I have access to your email account and have started to track your internet history and, have installed a trojan virus on the operating system. My virus continually refreshes the signature (driver-based). Transfer a sum of money within 48 hours or I will send some dodgy videos to all of your contacts. It was from (e-mail address removed)
And they told you they are going to release your wank videos, right? This is a common Bitcoin scam.... These guys are relentless.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hello, I got the exactly same email, but sender has leaked my password there, should I be worried more then IAM NOW ??

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
If your password has been leaked then you should change it immediately. Also I recommend turning on 2-step authentication for all accounts which can use this.

Ask a Question