SOLVED Driver based virus and windows defender

Reaction score
I received n email that states I have used an email account to gain access and track your internet usage etc by installing a driver-based virus that is undetectable.

Should Windows defender find this type of virus? Is this genuine or a scam?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I would assume if the threat came via email, it's most likely a scam. What exactly did the email say? Who did it come from?

As far as Defender finding it, no antivirus software is perfect.

Reaction score
Basically, it said I have access to your email account and have started to track your internet history and, have installed a trojan virus on the operating system. My virus continually refreshes the signature (driver-based). Transfer a sum of money within 48 hours or I will send some dodgy videos to all of your contacts. It was from (e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
That's almost certainly a scam. I don't think I'd worry too much about it. I haven't heard of that scam in quite a few years.

Reaction score
Basically, it said I have access to your email account and have started to track your internet history and, have installed a trojan virus on the operating system. My virus continually refreshes the signature (driver-based). Transfer a sum of money within 48 hours or I will send some dodgy videos to all of your contacts. It was from (e-mail address removed)
And they told you they are going to release your wank videos, right? This is a common Bitcoin scam.... These guys are relentless.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hello, I got the exactly same email, but sender has leaked my password there, should I be worried more then IAM NOW ??

Reaction score
If your password has been leaked then you should change it immediately. Also I recommend turning on 2-step authentication for all accounts which can use this.

Reaction score
same thing here but there have also been some spam emails not mine and has leaked my password

Reaction score
he has also sent the email from my own should i be worried
1649678823273.png
1649678839050.png

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi Madao. It is a Scam, but combined with blackmailing. - You should report it to the police because blackmailing is a criminal offense.

Also, change the passwords that are identical to the one he put in the E-mail, and where possible activate the 2-level security check ! --- IMPORTANT: shortly after receiving that mail, they began hacking my other accounts where the address was used as a login ! --- If possible, change your mail address or at least activate the 2-level security.

I reported it and they police will prosecute it. - The offender used VPN to blur his real IP, but when trying to hack my Amazon account, he did it from a mobile phone and they were able to track that one. - Everyone makes mistakes...
Don't let them get away with that sort of stuff.
Peace

Reaction score
By the way: I guess nobody hacked you. They just purchased some datasets which were leaked on the internet.

Reaction score
Ditto same issue faced by me today , additionally , There were many security breaches on my Accounts like : riot account ,twitch account , steam , epic games , my university mail ID and many more .... I have 2FA on for all possible sites now .. Not scared by there nonsense but still , data and passwords were leaked , it is a big deal ... Should I report it to cyber crime ?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
i just got this same mail i got shit scared but i think its a dataset leak as someone tried to access my spotify as well, but this does mean that you did get hacked sometime ago

Ask a Question