SOLVED Clean Windows 10 installation & driver installation on SSD

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently, I have experienced many times BSOD problems , Windows Update & also other windows problem . It started having this problem when I swept My HDD & use a new SSD to installed windows 10 using my Windows 10 [Version 1703 (OS build 15063)] bootable usb that I created roughly somewhere around 2017 ( not create using "Windows 10 installation media") .

Some people advise for me to install Windows 10 using the "Windows 10 installation media" because this one stable updated version, while my one the old version that the reasons why I got many problem after installation finished.

So, here I want to know ;
1) how to I preform a clean installation of Windows 10 on a SSD? It is the same as HDD?
2) After installation finished, how the proper/correct way to install drive (video graphic driver, sound drive & etc)?

Side noted : My PC is a new (built on Nov 2020). All the component are new ( No used or refurbished component).

Thank You.

Reaction score
Installing on an SSD is exactly the same. If you use the installation media creation tool, , as advised, it will, at the same time, install ALL of the latest driver updates available

Reaction score
Yep, it's exactly the same as installing on a hdd. For the most part Windows is good about installing the correct drivers. If you game though, I highly recommend downloading and installing the latest video drivers from the manufactures website (AMD or Nvidia). Windows usually installs the latest WHQL video drivers, but they may not be the best for the newest games.

Reaction score
First of all , Thanks for all the reply. I really appreciated.

This mean, when install Windows 10 (using media creation tool), I don't need to manually install my drives ?
Does it also install graphic card /Chipset drives to? or windows only install certain drives?

Because I've heard it too, that nowadays If you install Windows using media creation tool , it will automatically install the drives during the Installation of Windows. Is it true?

Sorry for many question, I'm afraid if I do it wrong, all the Windows error will recur again, especially the BSOD.
Honestly, I'm tired facing this error. Every time I fix current error, then came new error & this cycle will keep going on & on...

Reaction score
Quick answer. Yes to your queries. There is, seldom, that it will somwtimes have a driver that has some incompatibility issues with the latest windows release. The istalled driver can, in that case, easily be rolled back.
Just one word of advice. When it asks for a key, click that you do not have one.
Might be a good idea if you have a quick perusal of the tutorial on pur pages.

Reaction score
Does it also install graphic card /Chipset drives to?
Hi,

Windows will install drivers but you should check on your vendors website for updated drivers as Windows often uses old(er) drivers.

If you tell us what CPU & GPU you have, we can point you in the right direction. :)

Reaction score
The drivers installed together with the OS installation, are the latest given to MS by the manufacturers AND TESTED for compatibility.
Those still remaining on the manufacturers sites, will most likely be updates, but possibly not fully compatible - yet.

Reaction score
Here info for my CPU & GPU ;

Intel i5 9400

Nvidia GeForce Gigabyte GTX 1650

Regarding Display ;
Right now, I'm using my GPU HDMI port for my Monitor . So I want to know, while/during install windows, can I still use my GPU HDMI port as my display monitor or I have to change using my Motherboard (CPU integrated graphic) monitor port .

* My Motherboard only have VGA & DVI , While my monitor only have VGA & HDMI . I do have VGA to HDMI converter, but I never tried it.

Reaction score
Windows will use it's basic video driver during install, so you can use the whatever port on your 1650 you want. I've done plenty of installs using the hdmi port. No issues.

Reaction score
Latest Nvidia drivers here. :)

Also, where it asks for your licence key, simply click on "I don't have a product key" (Your copy of W10 has a digital signature and the key is not necessary when doing a fresh re-install unless you are using a different version of W10!). ;)

1611913390659.png

Reaction score
Latest Nvidia drivers here. :)

Also, where it asks for your licence key, simply click on "I don't have a product key" (Your copy of W10 has a digital signature and the key is not necessary when doing a fresh re-install unless you are using a different version of W10!). ;)

View attachment 13122
So this mean, Once I finished install Windows. I need to go to NVIDIA website > find the latest driver > downloads & install it. Like picture below? Are this correct way to do?

Attachments

• Step 001.png
    Step 001.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Step 002.png
    Step 002.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 123
Reaction score
NO! Only if you see a video problem!
Your original post: You are , or have been, using a rather old release of Windows 10. Following the suggestions in this thread, will install the latest version and i think your problems with bsod will be gone.
In any event, in the early stages of the installation, you are asked if you wish to be on line in order to update drivers. Here you can say yes, but it lengthens the installation a little

Reaction score
Installing the Nvidia driver is optional, I would do it but as Dave points out, you don't have to if your system is stable!. The "Game Ready" driver is good enough!. :)

Reaction score
Ok,noted . Thanks to everyone who replied to my thread & help me here. I really appreciated it :)

Reaction score
remove the old HDD and install the SSD (there should be only the SSD attached to your system during the installation process) Insert the Bootable Installation Media. Go into your BIOS and if SATA Mode is not set to AHCI, change it. Change the boot order so the Installation Media is top of the boot order.

Reaction score
remove the old HDD and install the SSD (there should be only the SSD attached to your system during the installation process) Insert the Bootable Installation Media. Go into your BIOS and if SATA Mode is not set to AHCI, change it. Change the boot order so the Installation Media is top of the boot order.
Noted. Thanks

Ask a Question